Paris12Man

Well Known Member
Can someone who has a finished canopy provide me some measurements from the center of the pivot bolt hole to the forward edge of the fiberglass side? Or, point me to some good pictures showing the canopy in the closed position, 1/2 open, and fully open position. :eek: The drawing on page 34-14 shows a gap between the forward edge of the fiberglass and the upper fuselage piece. Before I make my final cut, I'd like to get all the information possible. Thank you :)

Canopy Pics

Steve hows this:
DSCN1826.jpg

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1828.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

Use the top screw to use as a reference. Youll want to trim around the screw so you can remove it without removing the canopy. If you follow all the measurements when you oppen the canopy it should clear all the metal. If not you will be so close that you can trim as you go after trail and error

Last edited:
Another consideration...

Note that the fiberglass in the picture below is trimmed back far enough to remove that screw in the circle. This will allow you in the future to remove the instrument cover panel without having to take off the canopy. John, it looks like yours is not cut back far enough in your pictures.

1140718736_mTHxa-M.jpg

Tony

That's what I needed

Thanks John and Tony. John, I had one of those pics from before but the others were new and that was what I needed. The measurements and looking at your screws and rivet locations really helped. I was home when you called??? don't know why the call didn't go through. :mad: Tony, thanks for the info on access to the screws. ;) I had been forewarned about that from John and Collin in the past and have mine accessible. I will make my cuts this afternoon. I still need to work on smoothness, and rounding my holes, but basically I will be done.........Thank the Lord!:D:D:D