redrv6

Hi All
I am puzzled about attaching the top flange of the F 1202E L & R to the longeron. The top flange of the uprights has 2 prepunched holes. It surely needs to be riveted to the underside of the longeron angle, but I can't see anything in the instructions or on the plans on page 23-04. Now that the F1202E's are riveted to the lower fuse structure, it's going to be dificul to back drill the top flanges to longeron. What have others done? What am I missing?

Cheers
Shirley

Hi All
I am puzzled about attaching the top flange of the F 1202E L & R to the longeron. The top flange of the uprights has 2 prepunched holes. It surely needs to be riveted to the underside of the longeron angle, but I can't see anything in the instructions or on the plans on page 23-04. Now that the F1202E's are riveted to the lower fuse structure, it's going to be dificul to back drill the top flanges to longeron. What have others done? What am I missing?

Cheers
Shirley

Shirley, Look ahead in the plans to page 29.04 step 8 and 9. You will use the panel base to match drill the holes into the top of the longerons.

Cheers, Marcus.

Thanks Marcus! I was afraid of building myself into a corner and not being able to fix that if I'd missed something.

Cheers
Shirley