BigJohn

Well Known Member
Second question of the day. On this page Steps 9 and 10 of the instructions say to dimple the rivet holes and use AN426 (flat head) rivets. If I do that, the nutplates stand off a bit from the surface of the rib due to the protrusion of the back side of the dimples. Or do they mean to dimple the nutplate mounting holes as well? I'm too cautious to set those rivets until I find out.

If I understand your question right you dimple both the hole and the nutplate, so they nest together.

Thanks Again!

Geez, you guys must all be sitting at your computers today! I thought that's what I was supposed to do - dimple the nutplate too - but the instructions didn't really spell it out and as I said, I am super cautious. Hate ordering replacement parts!

Dimple nut plates....

You "can" do this, or as someone said, order the pre-dimpled nut plates...OR...just install what you have. They will work fine and the fact they sit up a little on the crown of the dimple doesn't matter at all. The function of the two 3/32 rivets in a nut plate is to prevent the nutplate from turning when you install the screw into them.

In other words, you gain nothing by buying new or dimpling existing nutplates.

Tom Hunter

ARE YOU KIDDING

That would deprive us from changing the dies a hundred times a day ! Hmmm - wonder why they were not included.

John Bender