A5555

Well Known Member
Trying P-Seal at tip-up roll bar. Not flying so I don't have a conclusion.

100_5030.jpg

100_5032.jpg

the tip up will tear it up at the sides...

When you close the top the plexiglass will tear up the seal... I use a small piece of the same seal where there is a small gap that will cause whistling otherwise.

canopy has same seal flattened

I also added this same seal, flattened, at the canopy aft edge. maybe the extra spacing will help. I'll let you know how it holds up. It will probably tear as you say. maybe I'll run some boelube across it.

leave it off until after you fly...

Steve, suggest that you leave it off and fly first... see if you end up with a whistle and then address the source.

Me too ...

... that is, I have no w'strip there and no whistling or detectable air leak. I do not suspect, however, that it is water tight.
I think mine fits too tight to accommodate a P-seal there .... I'm thinking about some of that 1/16" foam tape the RC modelers use. If I do, it will go on the top only, as the canopy sides would peel it right off the sides of the roll bar.

that's right - need to drill with P-strip installed

that's right - need to drill the canopy with P-strip installed - no data as how it holds up because it's not flying yet. I will report on how it holds up in six months. It may tear on the sides as others have mentioned.