Selmax

What type of auto spark plugs are you guys using ?
I am preparing the installation of dual Pmags on my O320 (RV9a). I followed the recommendation to buy the Pmags with a set of autoplug adapters but have no clue which plugs to buy. Thanks for you advice :eek:
Pit

I have an IO360 and went with the recommended. Some people are using a hotter plug.

NGK
BR8EIX-6747 Iridium
BR8ES-3961 REG

Both of those plugs have the solid top, non screw on.

Last edited:
Denso also make excellent plugs, the IK27 (5312) iridium works very well with my lightspeed.

my experience

I have used NGK BR8ES auto plugs in my RV7a with dual PMAGs for the last 5 years and 1005 hours. I change them every annual condition inspection. Last ones purchased for $2.49 each

BR8ES's in our two P-Mag airplanes - if you can, get the ones with the solid ends, rather than the screw-on ends. I forget the model number (for the solid ends) right now, but Roackauto.com has had the best prices.

Paul

The solid top BR8ES are part # 3961, as John M noted. I just picked up 8 at Advance Auto Parts for $2 each. They list at $2.49, but if order on-line you can get 20% off using a discount code (P20). In store pick up was easy, and I needed to get a headlamp for my car anyway.

I noticed though that there is a picture on the spark plug box. It is tiny, and it took me awhile to figure out what it was showing. I finally realized it is a picture of an airplane and an ultralight with a red "X" through it.:D

Pit,

Try using the search function. This question comes up regularly.

I use the regular BR8ES?s and replace them every annual, total cost is under $17 USD.
Follow the instructions in the Emag manual for installing the plugs. Use high quality anti-seize compound on both the plug and the adapters.
Emag Manual said:
First, install adapters with the supplied gasket on
the spark plugs finger tight. Then, insert the combined
assembly (plug with adapter) in the engine and tighten to
18 ft/lb (standard auto plug torque).

Thanks to everyone! Seems to get the BR8ES is a good choice and way better than 300 for the aviation plugs.
Pit