esco

Well Known Member
Friend
If you're still on the fence about a P-Mag purchase... go for it.

Apologize for not posting sooner, since the great deal (buy an e-mag from the manufacturer, and they donate $100 to Audrey and Tater's education) expires 10/31/2013.

I bought a dual setup, replacing (2) Slick mags, (8) a/c plugs, and plug wires with two neatly packed boxes of goodness from E-MAG; other than purchasing auto plugs ($2.00 per - a very nice surprise), the kit was complete.

The installation manual was thorough, and I only had a few questions, which were quickly answered by phone or email. Initial operations were uneventful: prompt start, and the carbureted O-320-E2D ran smoothly, with a nice idle at 650 rpm (where it was lumpy with mags), and leaner operations based on red knob position only.

First flight was some days later, and pleasant - low orbits over the field showed steady RPM, solid CHT/EGT temps, and seat of the pants felt faster. Departing the area for my test site, I flew to an E6B-calculated 10,000' DA, and WOT felt faster than before. I'm still validating my earlier mag-ignited flight tests, but my initial analysis indicates I picked up (9) knots TAS.

I look forward to a longer flight at LOP to determine GPH changes.

Wow 9 knots! Please report back when that has been confirmed. Fuel savings in cruise, and smooth running are to be expected. But more speed too? What's not to like?

Bevan