Champ

Well Known Member
I've read quite a few P-Mag posts but didn't come across whether or not it is OK to attach wire pairs with a common Adel clamp. Could there be inductive coupling were these are used? I am using E-Mags automotive harness and automotive plugs with wires separated per E-Mag's manual but have used Adel clamps to attach wire pairs to the engine & mount - one run pair has 1 clamp, another 3, and the rest 2 clamps.

I've sent E-Mag an email on this but I'm sure others here have experience with this.

You want to use high temp Adel clamps. The ones I have been using have white cushions in them but I don't recall where they came from.

Crossfire

My question is not which Adel clamps to use, although the suggestions on them are useful, but more so - can combining two wires in one clamp cause inductive coupling (crossfire)? Has anyone experienced problems with this?

My answer was an implied "Yes, you can do it." Sorry about that.

I have had no issues with cross firing that I could feel or that the EICommander has picked up.

Old photo but basically here's how I do it, various wire separators are available from Summit or other hot rod shops.

lTGWBRywA4MoVupf-KJMEH3rDuzflTIMq78dzbsggGG3sVhtbjnnhHetuuR9bdfOBpXyk1HH6iSNCc5RstGOxvYsCcLl0GGXB57lB_jS1zXySPUQF7iPbvJ5wrC8HbowiDdjAf925aDKDqwI2h3RjoZZ7TTuRV7kJBR3prGXv_Ch5mB1oOgamoMUvwLgYRbV3X7ozik4-mIYsuZ_MxQoYUBsWc5j2DYeds7cKtvogmBJtSTbwof9T9w1xYvlmz1hva19zgmRCkSfdeaiHJqRbetRPR0y0quRElla4uwIuWQocsFAJPdCCd9NWbrkTsogWVN_lCJ5bCfigiUzD9ty4pJCPsVzaTY-MCmRKRq4-xZaxPtn8fbGICnWDifk6S0QXSNWII__W-bH_Bi5UgZxdmkV2lJ7ZaeoTFiPTvTZT47maCLZewExLiuDxX0wJpn6i71Y0Kg6beYEwet1Bk0Ym_WLd3DUiimz159gfHSuceDHpb5Ja6ZM9Q0lcZqDR3T1GyRczMLcWkVYeZv5cXSlu2Y=w1200-h800-no

E-Mag recommends that you keep ignition leads separated. This can be done a variety of ways. You can run one lead through and Adel clamp then use some tie wraps with a stand off to attach a second lead. You can also buy some ignition wire clamps at your local speed shop that will keep leads separated and parallel. I have used both methods with equal success.

Thanks guys.

Brad at E-MAG got back to me real quick (great service). Here is what he emailed. "Adel clamps shouldn't be a problem as long as they are sized properly and don't crush the cable. Inductive coupling is at greatest risk with long parallel and closely bound leads."