Bavafa

Well Known Member
I am thinking of getting a P-mag and I was wondering how folks that have an GRT EIS system, have wired this for the TAC? I currently have a resistor on my p-lead from the slick that goes to my EIS and I was wondering do I still need this or should I be removing it?

Also, how everyone tap to the manifold line? I was hoping to use a AN (T) fitting but it looks like they (P-mag) are using a 1/8” ID hose for their manifold line and have not been able to find a fitting that I tap to this T with the ID of 1/8”

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have a set of Pmags on the way. I have the plane wired and ready to go. I believe we will take off the resistor since the EIS is not connected to the p leads in a way that could kill the mags. At least that is my uneducated take on it. I am going to take MP from cyl. 4 directly to the mags

I am thinking of getting a P-mag and I was wondering how folks that have an GRT EIS system, have wired this for the TAC? I currently have a resistor on my p-lead from the slick that goes to my EIS and I was wondering do I still need this or should I be removing it?

You would remove the resistor and connect the 'tack' line direct from the P-mag to the EIS. Depending on the age of your EIS you have have to remove a couple of components - snip then off the board - to get the P-mag to register properly. Sounds daunting, but GRT can send detailed instructions of what to do. Contact GRT to find out if your unit needs the mod.

Also, how everyone tap to the manifold line? I was hoping to use a AN (T) fitting but it looks like they (P-mag) are using a 1/8? ID hose for their manifold line and have not been able to find a fitting that I tap to this T with the ID of 1/8?

I used primer tubing and a primer adapter into the primer port on #3. The hose supplied with the P-mag fits nicely over the hard primer tube.

Pete

You would remove the resistor and connect the 'tack' line direct from the P-mag to the EIS. Depending on the age of your EIS you have have to remove a couple of components - snip then off the board - to get the P-mag to register properly. Sounds daunting, but GRT can send detailed instructions of what to do. Contact GRT to find out if your unit needs the mod.

I used primer tubing and a primer adapter into the primer port on #3. The hose supplied with the P-mag fits nicely over the hard primer tube.

Pete

If memory serves me right, the AN fitting that goes to #3 cylinder is a -4 which I need to convert it so it can accept 1/8? tubing. Are you guys going directly to the cylinder or using a T fitting?

My EIS was purchased in 2008, so I suspect it is old enough to need the mod. Luckily, I have a tip-up and access to the panel is not as hard but I rather not to move anything if I don?t have to.

I have the PDF from GRT to mod the EIS

I had the exact same questions and recieved a PDF from GRT showing how to modify the EIS board. It was very easy to do. I tried to send you and e-mail but it won't allow me to attach the PDF. If you e-mail me a different address I'll send it to you.

Lance

If memory serves me right, the AN fitting that goes to #3 cylinder is a -4 which I need to convert it so it can accept 1/8? tubing. Are you guys going directly to the cylinder or using a T fitting?...

Just remove the AN fitting. The threads in the cylinder are 1/8" NPT... Brass compression fittings that screw right in can be found anywhere.