kcameron

Well Known Member
I'd like to test the performance of my RV-4 up to 17,500'. I took my Mountain High eds cylinder to the airport shop but they refused to fill it due to it being out of the 5-year pressure test period. I called Mountain High but they said they don't pressure test themselves and would just have to send it somewhere. They suggested trying a local compressed gas shop. I tried two of them. One said they can't do it and the other said it would be at least a month turnaround.
So, any suggestions on where to get this done? I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks in advance.

kcameron said:
I'd like to test the performance of my RV-4 up to 17,500'. I took my Mountain High eds cylinder to the airport shop but they refused to fill it due to it being out of the 5-year pressure test period. I called Mountain High but they said they don't pressure test themselves and would just have to send it somewhere. They suggested trying a local compressed gas shop. I tried two of them. One said they can't do it and the other said it would be at least a month turnaround.
So, any suggestions on where to get this done? I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

Have you tried Bay Airgas? They did this for me a long time ago.

I hadn't thought of a dive shop. I called Pacific Offshore Divers because it's just a mile or two from my house. They said "no problem!" I'll take it over there tonight and let you all know how it goes.
Thanks again, guys.

I picked up my O2 cylinder today: 1 day turnaround! He said they usually quote a 10-day turnaround for the pressure test. I just got lucky and caught them in a lull.
$30 for the pressure test
$8 for the refill

I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the help.