Cfrisella

Well Known Member
Here's something new I'm working on to mount and secure a D size oxygen tank. A plastic ratchet style fastener commonly found on snow board bindings will hold the tank in place. The picture shows a plastic model but the final version will be carbon.

1328043997.jpg

I'll be mounting it in the baggage area vertically between to two seats. There's a raised flat section on the holder that will keep hardware from interferring with the tank . It will probably require four screws into that vertical support brace.

Interesting project, looks good.
Are you planning on marketing this?

I was thinking of ways I can install my tank between the rudder pedels on the floor to shift some of the weight forward as now we have a dog and we have been taking her with us on each trip. My tank currently get mounted on the raiser between the seats but with the dog (55 lb), the tank and some carry-on bags, it may be just to much in the back.

We can use the plastic model pictured. Just need to finish the surface with gelcoat and sand. The mold can then be taken from it.

I'll be mounting it in the baggage area vertically between to two seats. There's a raised flat section on the holder that will keep hardware from interferring with the tank . It will probably require four screws into that vertical support brace.

Cool. You may consider mounting it on the right side flap actuator cover (in side-by side models). That way, it can be reached in flight. Mounting between the seats makes it inaccessible.

V

I have to agree with Vern. I have mine mounted on the right flap cover. It is easily reached from the pilot seat.

Will we be able to buy one:)

That looks great - are you planning to produce any quantity? I'd buy one . . .

Holder update

Finished the mold today and pulled out the first holder. It's a perfect fit and looks really cool. Tomorrow I'll sand, clear and assemble. Should be able to get a photo posted by days end.

Very nice . . .

I'll take one:). Any other Carbon fiber products you are developing/selling?

Awesome, I want one too. I was an early adopter of Bonehead helmets on my DZ many years ago. It would be fantastic to have 2 boneheads in my RV. The other one being in the left seat, of course :D

Pictured mounted

Had some time today to mount the Oxygen tank holder. I choise to try in center baggage compartment location, but raise it off the floor. In the seated postion I can turn my head to view the gauge and with my shoulder straps slightly loosened up can easily twist to open the valve. I'll try it like this for a while and see how it goes.

1329077040.jpg