grundyde1

I'm New Here
We just finished an RV-6 Slider.

I am planning on installing an oxygen system. Therefore, I'm looking for information from anyone who has installed an oxygen system in their RV-6.

Specifically:
What system did you purchase. ie Mountian High, Air-King, Aerox, etc?
What size bottle or bottles?
Where did you install the bottle? [Pictures would be appreciated or a detailed discription of its location]
Do you use nasal cannulas or some other style of delivery [Oximizers - "Pendant" style or "mustache" style]?

There are a couple of old threads on this, including a long one on roll-your-own oxygen systems. Do a search and you should find some good info.

Greg

I mounted an e sized Medical bottle behind the passenger seat ($40). I got a medical regulator on ebay that goes down to .5 lph ($10). I bought a couple of flow regulators (type with floating ball) on ebay ($12) and some tygon tubing and connectors from McMaster along with a quick disconnect. Then bought a couple of Chad Oxymizers on ebay. Total cost was around $100. This is a temporary set up that I only put in the plane for longer x-countries. I also got a pulse oximeter on ebay for $7. I got a O2 prescription from my AME on my last medical.

Larry