Bavafa

Well Known Member
Any one can recommend a place to refill my oxygen bottle in Houston area? I am planning on visiting this weekend and was planning on landing at KSGR as my destination, I have called a number of airports in the area and no one seem to provide this type of service. Only one company said they will do it at $75 for Oxygen and $100 for labor and wouldn't even commit if I can have it back the same day/weekend. I fill typically my bottle for $30 in CA and elsewhere.

O2

You mite try calling out at David Wayne Hooks or Hobby air ports. The last time I needed some off the airfield there was a cart tree at Hooks, about five years ago. Most of the RV guys around the Houston area are getting their O2 from other places. Some of the welding supply houses around town would fill our little green bottles. I think there are a few guys over at Sugarland that may be willing to have you P.M. them on that side of town. Hope this helps, yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Down in the Rio Grande Valley area, welding shops will fill medical bottles - but only if you have a prescription from a Doctor! Seems silly, I just keep a copy with my bottle, not sure if that is a Texas law or a silly welding company.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. With Houston such a large metropolitan area, I would hope I can find a place to re-fill it over the weekend.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. With Houston such a large metropolitan area, I would hope I can find a place to re-fill it over the weekend.

Mehrdad,

If you have the extra room and can handle the added weight, maybe consider bringing along a second O2 tank. You're welcome to use mine if you want.

Charlie

Welding Supply...

I have always filled mine from a local welding shop.

Welding Oxygen and Breathing Oxygen are sourced from same supply.

If ever asked (never have been) my response would be that I need the bottle filled for a "roll my own" cutting torch/welding set up, not medical needs ;)

Good info here:

http://www.avweb.com/news/pelican/182079-1.html