carrollcw

Well Known Member
Anyone know how to display O2 sensor data on the g3x? Is it even possible? I'd prefer not to have another gauge on my panel!

If it is possible, can anyone recommend an O2 sensor for my application?

Thanks!

Anyone know how to display O2 sensor data on the g3x? Is it even possible? I'd prefer not to have another gauge on my panel!

If it is possible, can anyone recommend an O2 sensor for my application

Sure. It's called "EGT". Individual information for each cylinder.

I'm being serious. Why do you want an O2 sensor, rather than the EGT system, which you probably already have?

I realize the O2 sensor has a faster response time, but when closed loop mixture control is via a meat servo, speed isn't a priority ;)

I have a dual efii setup . yes, I have individual egts and cht, but both EFII and Titan recommend O2 as well for this setup.

O2 sensor

Hi Clark,
The PLX sensor. www.plxdevices.com. The amplifier box has a 0-5v output that you can run into any AUX input on any engine monitor.

Email me directly for information on sensor placement in the exhaust pipe.

Robert

So, I think I have a solution that will work. Although the G3X does not have an input dedicated to an Oxygen sensor, there is still a way. I can plug the analog output from the sensor to the input for fuel tank 3. Then configure the fuel tank to display empty at 10 gallons and full at 20. Then configure my arcs to display green from say 10-13.5, yellow 13.5-15, and red 15-20. Although not perfect, it beats having an additional sensor display on my panel!

Garmin, please give us the ability to select O2 sensor on the next software update!!!

I did a lot of research on adding an O2 sensor to the exhaust, easily done with an MGL EFIS... It can be done but the O2 sensors don't last long at all with the leaded fuel we use. The best one is the Bosch sensor (about $100), it will take some lead but it will have to replaced every 15 ~ 25 hours. Race cars use these and toss the sensors after a day of racing. If you have a smoke system, the sensor is dead the first time the smoke oil gets on it.

This is what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271286089812?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Last edited: