Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
My esteemed brethren........where do most of you guys mount a D size oxygen bottle in a 6A? I've got the bracket and all misc. stuff. Just need some ideas. RZRBILL?

Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.

Hey Jim,
We have not crossed paths in a long time. Good to hear from you. I should be at my hangar for the next few weekends because it is inspection time. Spent a chilly Saturday there this past weekend doing the easy stuff. Got my fingers crossed for warmer temps before I have to flop around on the hangar floor.

I mounted my oxy tank ("D" bottle I think) on the back of the electric flap actuator tower.
In my opinion, it was better structure than baggage sidewall and it was easy to execute the mounting. I did give up some ease of access but I combat that with up front flight planning so that all the connections are made on the ground. Its accessible in the air but not as easy as a sidewall mounted tank would be.

Thanks brother Bill. I thought that was where you mounted yours. We'll see ya soon.

Mine mounts on the back of the flap motor area between the 2 seats.

Dido. I used some quick connect mounts where I can pull it out in seconds. I put a piece of channel stiffener down the back of the up-right and mounted to that.