roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I'm looking for suggestions and pictures of where's the best place to locate the OX tank.

Which size cylinder has worked best for you.
These cylinders are about the same price, 6, 9, 13 CU Foot.
My preference is the 13 which is 4 3/8 x 19".

The smaller 6 CUFt fits well between the seats on the flap housing but the capacity is small.

I have the 13 cu ft bottle mounted behind the passenger seat in my -6.

One location

On the -9s, -7s and-6s one easy option is to mount the bottle vertically behind the seats in the center of the fuselage.

A top mount can bolted to the back of the seat back support cross-piece (F-605F on the-6) and a base support made and attached to the hold down screws for the central tunnel cover.

If you do this, you can put the regulator directly on the bottle, and plug in the masks/cannulas directly into the regulator. The bottle on/off is also accessible in flight, which is a plus.

CG issues should not be too bad, and a glider type 22 cu ft bottle should fit here.

Oxygen bottle sizes are here... along with regulators....

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page35.htm

gil in Tucson

Mel said:
I have the 13 cu ft bottle mounted behind the passenger seat in my -6.

Hi Mel.
Do you have it in the baggage compartment or under & behind the seat under the seat back rail?
Does it interfere with any baggage compartment loading?

I had thought about putting it there and build a pvc pipe holder with a bungy cord to contain it.

It's vertical in the front starboard corner of the baggage compartment. First I tried to put it in the center but could not reach it in flight. It came just to my elbow. On the right hand side, I can reach it and it doesn't interfere with baggage loading.

O2 bottle

I have mine mounted probably in the same place as Mel....vertically front right side of baggage compartment where I can reach it. Unless you can fill it cheaply, a 22 cu ft may be a better option (short stubby cylinder). It will last longer and probably the same cost to fill as a small one.

Actually, I have my bottle out right now. But it won't take a few minutes to go out and install it. Give me your email and I'll send pics this afternoon.

Thanks Mel.

kent.d.byerley{AT}tek{DOT}com

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Kent

Mel said:
Actually, I have my bottle out right now. But it won't take a few minutes to go out and install it. Give me your email and I'll send pics this afternoon.
Any chance of posting pictures on this thread so others of us can see the mounting configuration too?

Don't know how to do that. Kent, can you post the pic I sent you?

Last edited:
Sorry, I can post the picture either.

Mel said:
Don't know how to do that. Kent, can you post the pic I sent you?
At work I am blocked from access to www.imageshack.com. I guess that they think that if I am posting pictures that I must not be working.

Is there another way to post pictures?

If not I can send the picture to my home address and tonight post the picture.

Kent

Sorry, I'm an aircraft guy, not a computer guy. I don't understand any of that stuff. If you want to give me your phone and walk me through it, ok, otherwise, you guys post the pictures. 972-784-7544
Thanks for trying.