N62XS

Well Known Member
I need to have a Continental crank, rods, case and cam checked, repaired and yellow tagged for overhaul. Anyone know of a good shop, in the SE US that is able to handle this job?

Hard Knox said:
I need to have a Continental crank, rods, case and cam checked, repaired and yellow tagged for overhaul. Anyone know of a good shop, in the SE US that is able to handle this job?
I used Texas based Aircraft Engines and Accessories http://www.aea-precision.com/ Upon contacting them, they sent me specially designed boxes to pack the crankshaft and camshaft for shipment. I sent them all the steel parts in my O-200 for inspection/refurbishment and yellow-tag. They will sell you any replacement parts as required but I found other vendors that were less expensive for some items such as the engine gasket kit and certain hardware items. For the case, I used Crankcase Services Inc. in Oklahoma as highly recommended by the folks at Aero, in Granite City, Il. CSI inspected, performed minor repair and yellow tagged the case halfs and the (magnesium) accessory case. http://www.crankcaseservices.com/ Overhauling my O-200 was a fascinating experience and found it really pays to shop around. My Trade-A-Plane issues were dog eared by the experience.

Not much difference between SE US and anywhere US....UPS goes everywhere.

Aircraft Specialties Services in Tulsa has done good work for me on steel parts. Divco (case work) has not.

Dan Horton

Overhaul Info

I have worked with Bill Middlebrook of Penn Yan Aero in Penn Yan, New York. Excellent work and great to work with. I met him in person at Oshkosh this year and had a great conversation with him.
Paul
N694BP reserved

Component O'H

Agreed. ASSI for crank, cam, rods, etc. Crankcase Services, Inc. in Tulsa (Sand Springs actually) does a very good job and ASSI can coordinate with them to get your cases out and back. Be prepared for the o'h process on your components to take around 4 weeks however.

Rhonda Barrett-Bewley
Barrett Precision Engines, Inc.
2870-B N. Sheridan Rd.
Tulsa, OK 74115
(918) 835-1089 phone
www.barrettprecisionengines.com

Carlos is a very well regarded engine assembler and a nice guy to boot. But, like everyone else, he sends all of his parts out to the same repair stations as everyone else.

Unless you're looking for some handholding, you can save yourself some time and send your parts to the usual suspects.

Update?

With the plan of tearing down my core this weekend( and REALLY looking forward to it), I expect to send out my crank, cam, rods, case, etc for inspection/OH. Is crankcase services still the place for cases, and AEA for cranks/cams/rods?

Anybody ever used Chuck Ney Enterprises or done the Ney Nozzle mod? Since my engine is an O-320-H2AD . . . T mod . . .well, you get the idea.

Thanks, Rick 90432.