AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I am finishing my phase I and I have to present a lot of paper to Chilean FAA, they ask me to do a Overhaul/Replacement check list, but I need to know time to replace fuel and oil hose, also if you have any recomendation for other components please let me know

Engine 2000 hrs Overhaul
Prop 1000 hrs/6 years Overhaul
Skytec Starter 2000 hrs Overhaul, Remove and Inspect every 500 hrs
Alternator 2000 hrs Overhaul, Remove and Inspect every 500 hrs
Magnetos 2000 hrs Overhaul, Remove and Inspect every 500 hrs
Andair Fuel Pump 2000 hrs Overhaul
FWF Fuel and Oil Hoses ????????? Inspect/Replace
Fuel Tank Flop Tube ????????? Inspect/Replace

Transponder Check 2 years
Pitot Static system and Compass Check 4 years

Will they believe that an overhaul is not necessary...

....at 2,000 hours but only a suggested TBO. Compressions and oil consumption help determine that and it could be sooner, although not likely.

I'm assuming that they know about annual inspections and parts that need replacing will be, such as brake pads, tires and worn cables, etc.

Seems to me that you have the major items covered, except replacing all FWF fuel and oil lines every 5 years.

Best,

ps do you ever come to the USA for your airline? If so, where?

Last edited:
....at 2,000 hours but only a suggested TBO. Compressions and oil consumption help determine that and it could be sooner, although not likely.

I'm assuming that they know about annual inspections and parts that need replacing will be, such as brake pads, tires and worn cables, etc.

Seems to me that you have the major items covered, except replacing all FWF fuel and oil lines every 5 years.

Best,

ps do you ever come to the USA for your airline? If so, where?

Hi Pierre,

Unfortunately they will not allow me to run the engine after 2000 hrs, even if the engine is running stronge:(

They ask me to do annuals, 100 hrs, 50 hrs and record them about the replacement/overhaul list is not for part that should be replace on condition like pad, wheels, etc. Just parts that I should replace/repair even if they looks new.

So I should replace FWF fuel and oil hoses every 5 year, what about Flop tubes on tanks????

I fly the A-340 to KLAX in USA

Why 5 years? Where did that number come from? Sounds way too short for a teflon hose.. and sounds about right for a rubber hose..