bkthomps

Well Known Member
I drilled a hole for the AN470AD4 rivet a bit too large on the wing rib to spar holes, and now the rivet is insanely loose in the hole, is there a "oops" of some sort for this type of rivet? AD6 is too large, but not by much...what would you guys do? blind rivet?

In the process of drilling out a badly mangled AN470 4-5 (squeezer set slipped off the factory head and split it in two) The hole got oversized so I ordered some 5-4, 5-5, & 5-6 rivets from ACS and moved on. No need for an "oops" type rivet because you really aren't worried about the size of the factory head like you are on AN426 where you'd also need a set of dimple dies to match.

Last edited:
want to drop a couple of those in an envelope and send them my way? I'll paypal ya!

lol

I think ACS only sells by the pound....

Actually I'd be glad to but there's no need. ACS sells in 1/8 & 1/4 pound increments. Just use .13 and .25 in the quantity field of the shopping cart. A small bag (1/8 of a pound) of 5-5's costs about $2.

The postage will cost more than the order, so stock up on some other things you will be needing (more washers, nuts, screw, etc) if you do this.

One thing you may be able to do is use your squeezer to squash a 4-6 rivit down, increasing its diameter slightly so that is better fills the hole. This is a trick I learned on here a while back and have used a few times.