That is one heck of a write-up!! Worth reading cover to cover. Hope you don't mind if I pass that link on to all of my formation buds and newbies to come. Your respect for the art and your modesty definitely come through loud and clear...but I suspect you did a lot better than the small bits of credit you gave yourself. You have a great attitude, my friend!

Dave, I look forward to flying with you at some point. Best of luck on your way to getting your Wingman card.

Excellent writeup!! Thanks!

My only complaint is that I could not join you guys. Believe me, my heart was there but other cicrumstances left me in Georgia. Just wish that my wife who is so supportive of me in so many ways would just understand about my desire to learn formation flying.

Definately a keeper. Reminds me of my first missions. Brought back many memories. We all feel your pain:)
Best write up Ive have seen on the experience of a clinic.
Well Done and practice, practice, practice!

Best,

Fantastic!

Fantastic write-up Dave! The best I have seen like this. A "must read" I think, for formation "newbies" and "old-timers" as well. I could relate to everything you said.

(Beg, borrow, steal some 2-ship time ASAP. It will go a long way right now. Practice as much as you can while the iron is still HOT!!)

James

p.s. Thanks for the help getting the planes out.

SUPER WRITE UP by Mr. Dave Gamble!! Some folks just have a way with
words and a talent for writing.

Brought back memories watching you fight to stay 'in' as the #2
wingman in the 3rd flight of the day :) . The important thing is
that you knew where you needed to be and you were working
aggressively to get there....or at least close :D .

Thanks for sharing your experience with the 'rest of the world'. Next time a 'newbie' asks me what to expect at one of the formation clinics I WILL be pointing him/her to your write up. Not only will they get a great read....they'll also gain an education on some of the formation flying fundementals as well.

Enjoyed your company at the clinic....see you at our next UFO (off my wing of course)!!

Wow

Dave,

After reading your article, I have been dying to join you guys! I gotta keep pounding those rivets (or mortgage the house and buy a flying RV to keep my -8 company)!

Great read - thanks for MORE free inspiration (you gave me my first $60k free RV ride!)

Take care,

Brent -

I've been kinda sorta watching your progress on the -8. You made the right choice!

panhandler1956 said:
Dave,

After reading your article, I have been dying to join you guys! I gotta keep pounding those rivets (or mortgage the house and buy a flying RV to keep my -8 company)!

Great read - thanks for MORE free inspiration (you gave me my first $60k free RV ride!)

Take care,