jmartinez443

Well Known Member
All Florida (and semi-local) RVers: Nasa is celebrating 50 years in space with a World Space Expo. Get details here: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/worldspaceexpo/EventSchedule.asp

The airshow roster looks pretty impressive:

U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Aerial Demonstration Squadron
U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor
U.S. Navy F-18 Super Hornet
U.S. Air Force F-15 Eagle
U.S. Air Force 920th Rescue Wing, Responsible for Mercury and Gemini capsule recovery
U.S. Army Golden Knights
P-51 Mustang Heritage Flight

See you there

That should be great for the youngsters

I was assigned to Mercury from the F-101 project in April of 1959 in a time near when the F-4 made its first ever flight from Lambert Field in St. Louis. I remember when NACA was changed to NASA and later when all of our Navy Inspectors became NASA Inspectors. I prefered airplanes back than but it was an honor to work on America's first manned spacecraft. These days people say those were the good old days of NASA but I say the things that are being done right now are more awesome than most can imagine. We are on the edge of a breakout to great discoveries. Be sure to take your children to this as it can be tremendously motivational for them and give them something to focus on while there young minds are being shaped in an chalenging social environment. NASA in the large sense (including contractors) is the only place in the United States where you can go to work and reach out to explore the unknown and go where no one has gone before. In the end, like an old soldier, you may not be rich but you can be proud what you have done.

Bob Axsom

Last edited: