FlyerJumper

Well Known Member
As Doug mentioned on the main page, some of us RV types worked on this thing. Although I work at Lockheed I haven't worked on the F-35 program yet, but my wife Angela has. Just like working on our RV, all those working on the F-35 program have experienced similar frustrations and accomplishments. Needless to say, Friday was a very exciting day!

Here is some good footage of the first flight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIiWRLlN75U

It took about 3.5 hours of delays before the jet finally got in the air. Weather delays that is and nothing related to the F-35. All in all, a good day on the 15th for those of us who work on the F-35 program.

It's too bad the video is so close in that you can't see the two f-16s to the right and left of it that did a slow fly by as the F-35 began its takeoff roll. Nothing like being there in person!

It was fantastic to be standing on the ramp with all of the others who had worked so hard to get the Lightning II into the sky. There were some very excited, and relieved, people there on Friday. When some more details about this aeroplane become public you will all realize what a great achievement this has been. It's just been amazing to be part of the team.

Pete