RV7Guy

Well Known Member
For those of you who live in this area I'm proud to tell you my son, Matt Barrie is the new weekend Sports Anchor for NBC5. (www.nbc5i.com) He's currently in Oxnard California for the Cowboys training camp. There are a couple of video clips up now of his work.

I know there is a huge contingent of RV folks in this area. Keep an eye on my youngest for me!!! After several, "starter jobs," in the career he has made the Big Time. Woohooo, no more calls to Dad for money, hopefully!!:D

Darwin--

I'm really sorry I did not get to meet you at OSH this year. Brad and Chad had NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS to say about the time they've spent with you over the years...

That said, I've already been watching Matt, as NBC5 is my station of choice for local news. What a great time to start...right as the Cowboys kicked off camp! He seems really excited to be here, and I'm sure he's going to love this SPORTS town...including covering Friday night H.S. football. Not too mention the Stars and the Mavs. Lucky guy!

As long as Newey doesn't drive him nuts, I'm sure he'll really enjoy TX. ;)

AND, my wife thinks he's cute :eek::eek:

Make sure you let me know when you get to town to visit, we'll get the usual suspects together at 52F for lunch or such!

Joe

Thanks

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to come visit. Maybe he can score me a couple of tickets.

He has known Newy for a long time and understands his position. Even your local media critic called him "cute." He's definitely GQ all the way!!!

The beauty of the RV world is the people. The people of RV land have given me some of the most memorable moments of my life. Chad and Brad are a couple of my favorite people. We've had some crazy times. Next year, Oshkosh, only 358 days away!!

Congrats Darwin

Hey,

I've been seeing your kid broadcasting from the Cowboys camp and didn't connect the name! He's in RV Heaven (DFW area)!
I met you a few years ago at the Rocky Mt Regional. You showed off your headset to me and another guy. If you pay him a visit, stop in at Hicks (T67) and visit the RV crowd!

Congrats Darwin!

We'll start watching NBC sports here in Casa Reeves.

Looking forward to the free Cowboy tickets :).

b,
dr

Darwin,

Just saw Matt on the tube. You will have to
ask him who MS. Price is. Great interview and
she gave him a new nickname.

Matt Barrie--licious.

Got to love that one. Looked like he is having
fun.

Tell him to give us a shout when he gets back to
the Big D.