Good Publicity for Aviation

I'd like to pass out an "Attaboy"
Don't know the fellow in the video, and I am sure that not many people know what the cap was about, or that it was even aviation related, but score some good publicity for homebuilders, and aviation as a whole.

all

Most all RVers will do, want to do, the right thing. Not supprised to see this story.

We are everywhere

Bdalporto-

Thanks for posting this. My 6A and I are hanging out in Livermore, CA for the winter. I caught this on the news last night and starting trying to figure out how to share it with the Forum this morning. I knew Doug would be proud. I am sure we will find out more about this guy as word spreads.

Neat story--It would have been real easy for him to just throw out the glove, but he faced his fears and returned it.

Cool stuff:)

Thanks for all the kind words

Thanks for all the kind words. I still can't believe that I found that "kid" so many years later! Let me tell you, returning this mitt was as much of a thrill for me as Matt receiving it. I spoke with him on December 23rd, brought the mitt to the post office on Christmas Eve day, and he received it the day after Christmas. The timing of it was incredible and it made for my most memorable Christmas ever.

It all hit me when I had that mitt boxed up and was taking it to the post office. Matt was just a name on a mitt to me for so many years. He was like this mythical creature. That was a surreal moment looking down at his name and address on that box. It was a moment that I never thought would ever in a million years happen.

Anyway, it's just an amazing story and it's hard to believe it really happened.

Just out of curiosity, how did the news get a hold of this story? What steps were taken to eventually get it aired?

The channel had a phone bank set up for a segment they were starting called "my story". They wanted their viewers to call in if they had a story of interest. I just happened to see it on TV and figured that this might be a good story for them. Sure enough, they called me back within a few days. It turns out that my story is the first aired. They will be airing them on Fridays.

Kelly "Fingers" Johnson ;)