SteinAir

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Again we'll be at OSH with our signature free shirts to give away. This year however we're going to be a bit more careful in just throwing them out there. We decided that we should try and do the Soup Nazi thing a little bit! Last year we gave all of them away in a span of about 15 minutes on Monday morning...

So, to be more fair to everyone that wants one I'm doing several things. First we have a lot more shirts (but they are still "limited"). Second, you can't just have one because you heard we were giving them away. You have to be an RV guy that we know, or a customer, or a friend, or someone who at least has either purchased something for me (or can convince me that you intend to purchase something from me), or just be a nice guy! In the end, pretty much everyone qualifies for one, but the rule is that you have to at least wear it one day during the show, and you have to take a minute to stop and at least say "hi" to someone at my booth. No more grabbing and running!

We actually have about 4 different versions of "limited" edition shirts for different people. You'll just have to stop by and ask in order to see what we get. Last years shirts said "We're not happy....till you're broke" and indeed we'll still have those to give away, but we have a new one for this year which is every bit as good. You have to stop by and see. Also, if you can't make it to OSH but still "qualify" for a shirt, please do send us an email before the show and we'll try to hold one back for you (which we can send along with a future purchase)! :)

See you all at OSH!

Cheers,
Stein

PS, for those of you who are a little "huskier" than the standard XL's that we give away, this year we have some all the way up to 4XL. We don't refer to them as Xtra large here, at SteinAir we refer to them as Xtra-Luscious!

Last edited:
Sweet! I certainly qualify, and for a 2Xtra-luscious...I'll be there Thursday morning to pick it up ;) (although you'll probably be at Bob's shin-dig, too)

Oh, and I'm bringing a check for wiring supplies...

Can you please promise to shout down a guy trying to talk you down to meet some other vendor's price like you did last year while we were visiting?!?:D:D

See ya next week-

Joe

Last edited:
Sweet! I certainly qualify, and for a 2Xtra-luscious...I'll be there Thursday morning to pick it up ;) (although you'll probably be at Bob's shin-dig, too)

Oh, and I'm bringing a check for wiring supplies...

Can you please promise to shout down a guy trying to talk you down to meet some other vendor's price like you did last year while we were visiting?!?:D:D

See ya next week-

Joe

Ha! By Thursday who knows what kind of shape I'll be in. In the preceding days of the week, there is usually a marked increase in the consumption of adult beverages, along with drastically reduced sleep schedules, massively increased food intake, and huge crowds of people coupled with a hot building....by the later part of the week I have been known to let loose on an very surprised show attendee or two - which can come across as "rude" - to me, it just is what it is! :)

C-YA there,
Stein.

I think I can expand to M size:D if I eat and drink at least for two days :D . Do you carry some of those sizes? I promise to buy some heatshrink from you in the future when I convert steam to glass:D

Need to talk panel wiring with you @ OSH.

Stein,

My panel is near complete, I still need an audio panel and my Trutrak Digiflight II VSGV (I have the servos). I started to go down the approach systems road, but I wanted to talk to you about wiring a panel that you have not totally built... I know that is crappy kind of work, and it creates many unforeseen problems but its worth a shot right.

See you on Tuesday. Perhaps I will catch you before you run out this year. ;)

Stein,

My panel is near complete, I still need an audio panel and my Trutrak Digiflight II VSGV (I have the servos). I started to go down the approach systems road, but I wanted to talk to you about wiring a panel that you have not totally built... I know that is crappy kind of work, and it creates many unforeseen problems but its worth a shot right.

See you on Tuesday. Perhaps I will catch you before you run out this year. ;)

Surprisingly we actually end up doing quite a few panels that way. We have two of them waiting in the wings right now that builders started and just couldn't finish. Also, there is nothing wrong with the approach systems stuff. They are Minnesota boys like us! That being said, there are times when it's a benefit and times when it's not. We've removed more Approach Hubs than we've installed, but that doesn't make them bad (their work is darned good)....just not the perfect solution for everyone.

Anyway, stop by and chat at OSH and we'll see what we can do for ya! Maybe something will work, maybe not but it's worth at least saying hi.

Cheers,
Stein

Hi Stein,

I think I qualify, but won't be at Oshkosh this year. Please put aside a shirt for me if there are any left. I have about worn out my "legacy" dark blue SteinAir shirt!

2rfvy52.jpg

Stein

Last year my wife and I got the free shirts. You have only sold me about $1800 so far. Engine this year, sorry.

My wife gets a few comments about your shirt...

We are not happy till your broke...

People thinks its a from a divorced womens social club. :)

See you monday.

So Stein...

didn't find many RV's but thought you might be interested in expanding into the boating scene. Just couldn't decide which way to head....Nice....
598065799_UKpMy-L-1.jpg

or Monaco

598066586_7xTMk-L.jpg

Ready to expand internationally :)

Tee Shirts

Stein:

I have two of the old ones that are three and a half years old and pretty frazzled around the neck and arms. They have been worn at many fly-ins and from the Outer Banks of North Carolina to San Francisco twice while traveling in my RV-8.

I did get one of your "We're Not Happy" tee's at OSH last year and wore it there. I wore it two days at Sun-N-Fun this year. It only gets worn at special occasions as I'm trying to save it, as I'm sure it will become a collectors item like DR's original Tee. It sure gets a good reaction anytime it's worn!:p

Although I haven't bought a full pannel from you, I have substantially added to mine over the last 3 years. Hopefully you will save me one of your new ones. Won't be there till Tuesday.

I haven't been able to get a new SteinAir shirt in three years. The one I have is almost as ratty as my 1995 Cleveland Indians American League Champs shirt. Maybe worse.

Sigh.:p

Maybe I'll find one hanging in the showers this year!

Methinks I qualify ..

After the Garmin stack I got from you and the Overlord a month or so ago, I'm hoping you'll save me a size-large I could claim on Wednesday. Please, please, please ????? :eek:

I don't have a past Oshkosh SteinAir shirt and did have to retire my old worn out SteinAir shirt not too long ago....I think I got it as a surprise included with a wiring order a while back and the shirt got a lot of use before it became a car / airplane "maintenance only" kind of shirt. I was thinking I'd buy a new one if you're selling them Stein! I'm guessing they'll be gone if I get there when I'm planning to on Thursday but will visit your booth either way.

hi stein,

if you only had M sizes this year ;-) ?
we already got quite a few with some of our purchases, but they double as avionics storage protectors as they were all L, XL etc... in size ;-)

cu at osh

bernie

I'll take a Medium

If you could send me one I would really enjoy it. I won't make Oshkosk this year but for sure next.
Thank you, Doug Kaye

Stein, I'm looking forward to meeting you and your staff. Still haven't fired up that engine (but getting really close). See ya Monday...

I believe Tanya is still looking for a size Small for herself. There is another RV in the garage that is going to be crying for a $40k panel, and she writes the checks :).

Stein,

I won't make OSH this year as I'm busy with the sand-and-fill routine getting ready for paint. But, the avionics etc. I got from you guys all work great (at least for the first 120 hours!) and needs a shirt to go with it.

greg

Stein, I could bring along my one-and-only SteinAir shirt -- the red one -- which I wore ONLY while working on Smokey ... because my darling spousal unit SHRANK it! It used to fit, and in many of my building pictures, I'm sporting that shirt. Then, one day I went to put it on and ... it was TOO FRIGGIN' SMALL!! Harrumph.

XL will be just dandy. Please save me one ... I'll stop by early (if I can find you this year!).

Oshkosh

What building and booth # are you going to be at? I hope you save a few shirts till Friday so that your customers that can't get there until then can get a shirt. :D One can always hope! See you all there. Dan

Shirts

Stein, and chance on one XL for me and one L for my son, us good old campground volunteers, where YOU DON'T STAY ANYMORE!!!! ;) We miss the couch!!! Glenn Brasch

We're going to make sure that we don't give them all away on the first day this year! We're in building "B", booths 2145 & 2146. We hopefully will have plenty of shirts, but I'm keeping some back until Fri as well as a list of people to hold shirts for that can't make the show.

See you all there!

Cheers,
Stein

PS, Glenn - we'll be glad to save you a couple shirts. The work you do in the campground is really appreciated - it's been of help to us in years past!

We're going to make sure that we don't give them all away on the first day this year! We're in building "B", booths 2145 & 2146. We hopefully will have plenty of shirts, but I'm keeping some back until Fri as well as a list of people to hold shirts for that can't make the show.

See you all there!

Cheers,
Stein

PS, Glenn - we'll be glad to save you a couple shirts. The work you do in the campground is really appreciated - it's been of help to us in years past!

Sent you a PM also Stein... Be safe on the OSH trip! :)

Cheers,
Stein

PS, Glenn - we'll be glad to save you a couple shirts. The work you do in the campground is really appreciated - it's been of help to us in years past![/QUOTE]

Thanks Pal! Glenn

HI there,

would be really nice, if you can save a T-Shirt for me (size M) - I'm an RV 8A builder (which means, that sooner rather than later I need to purchase some stuff from you) and I come all the way from Montabaur, Germany :)

See you at Oshkosh

Thilo

Your Oshkosh booth display

Hey Stein are you going to have a lot of your products on display?
I sold all of my vacuum stuff for my panel under construction and I really need to talk to you in person about one of the Dynon systems. Be nice to have one there to fondle.:rolleyes:

We'll have the following stuff on display:

Garmin G900X
Aspen
Grand Rapids Technologies HS,HX
Advanced Flight Systems AF-4500's
Dynon Avionics
Vertical Power VP-200
New EFIS ?!?!?!?!

There will also be a new display of a yet to be shown (by us at least) EFIS - but you'll have to stop by to see it, we can't discuss it until Monday Morning!

We won't have an MGL EFIS. It's because they don't yet have one for me with connectors on the back that I can stand behind; but I'm told that will be done this fall so just because I don't have one of theirs doesn't mean I'm against it. Not a matter of if, just a matter of when.

Naturally we won't have any Blue Mountain, Op Technologies or Chelton....

We'll also be giving away some samples of the handy pitot static fittings as well as one of the new RV-10 Carbon fiber panels. Perhaps a few other things if we remember to bring them!

Cheers,
Stein

See you on Friday Stein!

Are you going to have the AeroLED's in your booth or did I mess you up by buying your first set?!?

- Peter

We'll have AeroLED landing lights, strobes, and nav lights on a new electrical system demo board in our booth... just a few aisles away in Hangar B.

They are very trick!

The Checks Will Keep Flowing

I believe Tanya is still looking for a size Small for herself. There is another RV in the garage that is going to be crying for a $40k panel, and she writes the checks :).

Success. I guess I can keep writing those checks.

img_5168.jpg

PS - OK Stein, I've fulfilled my end of the bargain - with an eye witness from Steinair to boot!