cjensen

Well Known Member
74 days to go! I have holes in the parade flight for the RV-1 arrival, and I need to fill those holes. I'll need primary and back-up slots as noted-

RV-1, Van flies, no back-up obviously.
RV-3, Louise Hose primary, need a back up.
RV-4, need primary and back-up.
RV-6, possibly me in the EAA 6A, need a primary fill, and a back-up.
RV-7, Brian Carroll primary, need a back-up.
RV-8, Paul Dye primary (if the airplane will be there), Danny King is back-up.
RV-9, Van's Aircraft primary, need back-up.
RV-10, Van's Aircraft primary, need back-up.
RV-12, Eagles Nest project primary, need back-up.

Send me a PM, email, or post here. I will note the time stamp on the reply.

There are no formation qual's needed as this will be an in-trail only parade, but you must feel comfortable flying in to Oshkosh, landing in front of thousands of people.

Your airplane must be a prime example of the model. It will be on display on Phillips 66 Plaza from the taxi in time (around 245pm) until the ramp is cleared for the evening concert.

Doesn't matter TW or NW.

If someone that is already on the list can't do it, let me know ASAP.

Who's in??

:cool:

Chad,

Didn't see an event date in your post. I'll take the RV-4 slot if it doesn't interfere with Team RV activities.

Tony

Last edited:
can't wait!

And to think I was thinking of skipping this year due to my skinny wallet. Now I'll cancel something else.

Monday?

We are still on for Monday morning parade, right Chad? (I don't see the day of the event in your post.)

Comfortable landing in front of thousands of people? Oh dear! :eek:

We are still on for Monday morning parade, right Chad? (I don't see the day of the event in your post.)

I'm sure Chad will chime-in, but the last word I received was... Monday Parade - stage off airport at noon or shortly thereafter with the parade at a yet undetermined time slot... sometime between 12:30 and 2:00 I would expect.

Last edited:
Sorry folks...since I am in AV mode all the time now and I forget that not everyone knows the date and time. The parade arrival will be 2:30-245pm on opening day, Monday the 23rd.

I have several PM's and emails to sort, but I'll provide an update tomorrow morning...I don't have any extra time tonight...:eek:

RV-4 Backup

I can do the RV-4 backup. I am planning to do the Airventure cup race so my airplane will be a little taped up.

I am willing to do this for the 9 slot also so if this is FCFS count me in line behind Bill R.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I still have the back up spot open for the RV-12, and I've added a column for secondary backup...I want to be sure we have this covered sufficiently. The secondary backup spots open are open as of this posting. I had a lot of 4's, 8's, and 9's requesting to get on the list, and I simply went with time stamps on the email/PM/or post.

RV Parade line up

RV-1 DVG

RV-3 Louise Hose
Dave Herrmann Backup
Dan Benua Secondary Backup

RV-4 Tony Spicer
Mike Regan Backup
Axel Secondary backup

RV-6 Chad Jensen
Paul Rosales Backup

RV-7 Brian Carroll
Marc Hudson Backup
Bill Cloughley Secondary Backup

RV-8 Paul Dye
Danny King Backup
Don McNamara Secondary backup

RV-9 Van's Aircraft
Kelley Kokemiller Backup
Scott Mills Secondary backup

RV-10 Van's Aircraft
Don Orrick Backup

RV-12 Eagles Nest

Last edited:
26 days to go...

I will be sending out an email to those that are on the list at the end of this week with further details.

Stu McCurdy is organizing the parade planning for me, and he will have things lined up shortly.

Talk to you all soon! And THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I still have the back up spot open for the RV-12, and I've added a column for secondary backup...I want to be sure we have this covered sufficiently. The secondary backup spots open are open as of this posting. I had a lot of 4's, 8's, and 9's requesting to get on the list, and I simply went with time stamps on the email/PM/or post.

Chad,
The current plan is that the Teen Flight I RV-12 will be there again this year so I would imagine that it could be planned on for the back up slot.

Scott M.

Last edited: