rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
Planning to go to Oshkosh this year, hopefully a bunch of you will show up as well.

Got a couple of questions that perhaps some of you can help with.

1) anyone tried the "EAA Aviators Club"? Is this worth the money or just to be considered a donation?

2) buying tickets online seems to go via a service company - just wondering wouldn't EAA get more if I bought them directly at the gate?

3) i'd like to download a complete list of the events to review offline - anyone know if it is available in a pdf or other format?

Thanks!
Mickey

Dear Mickey

First it depends on the weather if it is too hot the airconditioned area could be great, and if it rain also y think that don worth it because you have lots of free areas to have a good show view

Tickets, when you buy online you have to get your bracelet pass and in some ocations that gate has more people that the pay gate. So if you want to pay a little more and wait less don buy it online

Normally you will have that info at the upcoming days.

Regards

Haven't tried the Aviator's Club, no input here.
2. I have bought online for several years and have never had over a few minutes wait. Good option. I assume EAA gets less money, but they don't have to provide the manpower so it probably balances out.
3. There is a pretty good listing of events on AirVenture.org. All the forums are listed, and I print them out before hand. Same with all the vendors and their locations. Check under Attractions/Daily highlights and Partners/Exhibitors for most of the information you are looking for.

Bob

Good info

Thanks for the hints, gentlemen. The mobile version of the daily activities will be perfect to print and review on the flight over. I'll pick up my tickets online now.

iPhone app

If youre into such things... Sporty's also does an iPhone app (new each year) that does a pretty good job of listing events and staying current. It also has a map and vendor list etc.

I think the Airventure newspaper free each day at the front gate has a event calendar for the day in it also.

Have fun! Ill have to miss this year because I've got a baby due the following week (and yes I asked if I could go anyway).

I did the aviators club last year and it was WELL worth it. AC and private viewing area for air show. Food and drink. I am doing it again this year.
Nordo