Berchmans

Well Known Member
I made my first trip to Oshkosh this year but due to the weather I had to leave my bird home and fly commerical. All in all still a great trip and didn't begin to see everything. I do have a question for those who are more familiar with the event however. Is there a way to ship/mail camping gear to Oshkosh? I think it would be fun to camp but I could never fit enough stuff in the plane to make it comfortable enough for the wife.

This is very common. In the middle of OSH there's a UPS booth. You can ship your stuff to OSH or you can ship anything you want from OSH..

Two good friends flew their C150 from Vancouver, BC to OSH and back last year, and they shipped their camping gear. The trip was test enough of their marriage, without having to make do with just what they could carry in the cramped Cessna.

Absolutely! The resource that I'm familiar with (never used it) is the Fedex tent. That is our plan someday when we loose our sweet digs. All good things eventually come to an end. Ship everything and the kitchen sink for about $50, go get it with the welcome wagon upon arrival... We have even roughly talked about buying the house we stay in at OSH as the owners are starting to talk about moving south. Go figure.

Last edited:
The regional RV centers (on road) set up and rent Rv's during the week. That could be an on site and comfortable option. This year I tent camped again in camp sholler. It was highly populated by aluminum boxes, ALL of it. Generators were everywhere, but really did not bother me. Tents are now a rarity there. Having a reserved space is very nice and that won't happen with a tent. Now is a good time for 2015 reservation. My plan is HBC next year.

Thanks

Thanks for the info...should have thought of UPS as my brother-in-law flys for FEDEX...

We also shipped our camping gear in this year. EAA has a deal with a company called GES that handles all of the vendor shipping and booth setup in the vendor buildings. GES is the only one that can receive packages incoming to OSH but it is not a big deal because they accept any shipping method, fedex, ups and us mail. There is a label on the airventure website under services that they want you to use in addition to the regular shipping label.

Shipping out is done from the fed ex tent located between vendor buildings A and C without going back through GES. We used fed ex 3 day ground and it was very affordable.

Worked great