Mikey

Louise has promised to fly me up to Oshkosh this year to celebrate my 20th birthday (last April). She says that 20+ year old homebuilts that arrived early got to park right near the action in a special area last year (by the Federal Pavillon, where she'll be working, and close to the Van's tent, where Dad will be based). But, we can't find any information on how to identify/qualify for that privilege. Is there a special sign that I should wear?

Spruce Moose, are you out there? Or, does anyone else know how/if I can set my wheels in this special area for the week?

Last edited:
Since Mikey has been flying for 20+ years, you may qualify for the special parking on the flight line in the area around Homebuilt Headquarters, which is just east of the Federal Pavilion. If you are thinking of the area just north of the NASA building (where Paul was parked last year) that is also a possibility, although with the changes to the grounds this year, we weren't planning to use that space for RV parking (maybe emergency overflow) so you might be pretty lonely down there.

Depending on what day you get there, we may be able to accommodate a special request, however if you arrive at peak time on a busy day, you may just end up getting parked with the masses. In that event, when things slow down a bit, we can reposition as required.

Once we figure out where it is that you want to go, I'll advise you on the proper signage for that area.