leeschaumberg

Well Known Member
Howdy All
If you need some where to fly , camp , and more information hollar! I've been to Oshkosh many times in the past so I do know a few things.

What's so special about Oshkosh? It's just a little town in Nebraska.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KOKS

It's kinda fun to stop at Oshkosh on the way to Oshkosh.

I remember when Oshkosh was held in Rockford, Il.! :eek: The then Rockford mayor asked EAA to leave and not come back because the visitors made ruts in the grass one year it rained. He was quoted as saying; "Those experimental planes are just a fad anyway. The flyin will never last." :confused: He was also mad because the EAA would not pay him under the table. Chicago politics at it's finest!

Pretty much sums up Rockford, Il. and why I left, but I digress. ;)

Last edited:
Howdy All
If you need some where to fly , camp , and more information hollar! I've been to Oshkosh many times in the past so I do know a few things.

Same here. I am driving in this year as I am bringing a "newby" coming for the first time and logistics are better this way. Showing someone around for the first time is one of my favorite things at OSH. Happy to answer any questions that I can.

Now, how about someone calling for an Rv'ers get-together? No one is going to the trouble that Bob Collins went to--I think we all know that, and we are forever grateful for what he did. Thanks again, Bob. But there are spots around the campgrounds where we could have a VERY informal gathering. An example might be the nearly unused playgrounds near the registration entrance or the open areas near the showers and camp store. Just a bring-a-chair-and-cooler type of thing, without the great give-aways but with the equally great conversations. I would think it would take little effort for the fun involved. Or am I way off base here? Ideas?

Bob Kelly