MNForrest

Well Known Member
Greetings Vanheads everywhere.

Well, it looks like I have a deal done with the EAA and have secured permission to work on my EA documentary at Airventure July 28-August 2. What I need now is some experienced, practical insight on how to narrow my search for interesting subjects (aircraft and people) while I'm there.

If you have been there before, have a background or like-kind experience in writing, research, TV, film, I'd like your advice. What to look for, where, when, who? Help me find the stories at the heart of this passion.

Reply here, PM me, email me or whatever, keeping in mind this is not all about Van's stuff. I need the big EA picture.

Thanks,

Forrest Fox

Recent stuff: http://www.vimeo.com/4733581

Narrow down a bit

I would start doing a matrix with several topics in mind. From there, start branching the sub topics. This will give you an idea of what you can accomplish. Most project become over ambitious. You will quickly become
overwhelmed and risk an uncompleted project. Better to do a smaller topic well than a substandard job on a bigger project.

Here are some potential topics and subtopics.

Experimental homebuilding
Conventional
LSA
Metal
RV's
Sonex
Etc...
Composite
Lancair
Compair
Glasair
Tube and fabric
Cub Crafter
Pitts
Rans

As you can see, there is a tremendous amount of potential subject matter. You can go further with such things as Avionics, Engines, paints. Other topics, volunteerism, airshows, Warbirds, ultralights, helicopters etc...

The good news, the possibilities are endless. The bad new is, the possibilities are endless!!!!!