RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Just returned from Oshkosh today. Stayed a few days to visit with Kari's sister in Brookfield, WI.

I was just thinking what a great time I had again this year at Airventure.

I saw many friends and their planes. Jim "Gringo" Gray and his award winning 8. We rehashed a formation clinic and hand flew through numerous formation barrell rolls.

Got to see Wayne McMasters beautiful Reserve Grand Champion 7. His airplane is truly a work of art, and he has his build documented in a hard bound book that was a joy to flip through.

What hasn't been said about Rick's Rocket. No detail over looked.

Met Bob Mills of Super 6 fame. Hearing him tell about the race with the Rocketman was fun. Really nice guy and hope to get to fly on his wing one of these days.

Saw "Flash". Pretty spiffy there DR.

Just wandering the booths provided more info that I could absorb. Stein and his crew were great to chat with, and I'll look pretty good in my new bably blue T-shirt..couldn't quiet see me in pink..

Rhonda Barrett set me straight on and engine question. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but I got the straight scoop and it was appreciated.

Just having this wealth of information available in one spot is icing on the cake. Seeing all the friends and planes is what it's really about.

Can't wait for next year..

Last edited: