RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone

A friend and I are planning to arrive in KOSH on saturday around midday but just prior to flying the arrival,we're planning a stop to regroup,review the Notam in Clintonville ( CLI ) just north of OSH.We will be arriving from the north coming from the Montreal area.

I'll like to know if anyone of you have ever use this airport ( Fuel price is showed at $4.89 in Foreflight soit's a good start :) )or any other one nearby you would recommend?

Hoping to see some of you at the Gathering on monday if it still going on

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Clintonville

Is a nice quiet, at least when AirVenture is not happening airport. The runways are plenty long and wide. I go there to have my avionics serviced and tested. I think it would be a good place to fuel up and stretch before the final short leg of your journey. Hope to see you Monday night.

We have used this airport on a number of occasions. The fuel prices are strategically kept low to increase the traffic flow through the airport. Nice facility and very good fuel prices are the norm.

Clintonville

Thank you guys for the info, it looks like KCLI it is as a stopover..

I'm planning to be there monday night if I can find the place..I've got 2 days to find it so it looks promising..

Keep a cold one for me..

Cheers

Bruno
[email protected]

Enroute stop to OSH

Help required

I've been looking everywhere for an enroute frequency that you guys used in the US for traffic advisories like the one we used here in Canada ( 126.7 ) and I can't find the thing...

Is there such a thing in the US ( I vaguely remember 122.75 ) but not sure if it is the right freq??

Can you guys let me know please...( I should go IFR,it's a lot simpler..:eek:

Thanks

Bruno

Is it a big deal to buy gas at OSH? The prices last I checked weren't terrible.

Not really a big ordeal at all. I just went to the nearest Basler fuel truck and told him where I was parked and gave him the N-number, and after he finished the couple of planes he was currently working, he drove over and fueled up mine. Normally you're supposed to go to one of their booths and get a tag to put onto your aircraft for fuel, but if they're already in your parking area, the drivers are pretty flexible. Here's the link to their Airventure info: http://www.baslerflightservice.com/...sh_ 2012/osh_airshow_airventure_eaa_fuel.html

Help required

I've been looking everywhere for an enroute frequency that you guys used in the US for traffic advisories like the one we used here in Canada ( 126.7 ) and I can't find the thing...

Is there such a thing in the US ( I vaguely remember 122.75 ) but not sure if it is the right freq??

Can you guys let me know please...( I should go IFR,it's a lot simpler..:eek:

Thanks

Bruno

122.75 and 123.45 are used as air-to-air "chit-chat" frequencies for pilots to talk to each other. On the weekend before Oshkosh, both freqs are full of chatter.

122.0 "FlightWatch" is monitored by flight service stations across the USA, and you can get weather advisories from them (and offer PIREPS), but this isn't used for traffic advisories.
122.2 is also used by Flight Service Stations for more services other than weather. The Wikipedia page kinda explains the differences between US's FSS and Canada's 126.7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Service_Station

Last edited:
Enroute to OSHKOSH

Thanks Neal

Those were the frequencies I found in a far corner of my memory...I'm not so old after all...:D

Looks like the weather via the Northern route is closing in so I guess I will be coming via the southern route..( CYMX-KPHN-KOSH..)

Thanks again...See you at the beer call

Bruno
[email protected]