Saving a few bucks in Cheesehead land

No Steve not a Mustang although I sometimes feel like I've spent enought to have one.:eek:
Every year I ask this question before Osh hoping I'll get a tip on something I want that will be discounted at the show. I have scored a few times over the years and have saved enough to get some extra goodies. :D

As someone said last year...

Garmin is going to release the 596. It will be able to control the weather! :D

I have had my FLYING RV-6 at Oshkosh AirVenture 9 of the last 10-years. You can count on Jeppesen to have 10-15% discounts on almost everything they sell including GPS database updates.

Last edited:
596 cheap gas spotter?

>>>Garmin is going to release the 596. It will be able to control the weather! <<<

If it could receive and dispense weekly updates of cheap fuel locations, now that would sell. Meanwhile, seriously, bet 496 and 495 will be at least $100 off again, like Sun N Fun 2008.

The last couple years Icom has been handing out $100 rebate forms for Icom A200s (and other handhelds) at its booths. Most vendors will sell it for around $650-675 if you shop around, making your total $550-575. Having bought the A210 in the group buy, and regretting it now because of its lack of true dual frequency monitoring, I'd highly recommend the A200. Best radio bang for the buck.

AIRCRAFT SPRUCE DEALS AT OSH

2008-2009 Aircraft Spruce Catalog
Come by our booth and get your FREE copy of our 2008-2009 Catalog with over 768 pages.

Facet Fuel-It
The Facet FUEL-IT pump eliminates lifting and holding up heavy gas cans. It?s environmentally friendly because it helps you put the gas in the tank and not on the ground.

Kelly Aerospace
Oshkosh Special----$14.50 per filter. Buy 4 filters and receive a FREE visor at the Kelly booth.

EI (Electronics International Inc.)
EI Year-End Rebate. Get up to $450 in rebates!

Rapco - Replacement Aircraft Parts Co.
$50 Aircraft Spruce gift card with any $750 Rapco order.
(Limited time offer. While Supplies Last. $750 must be placed in one single order.)

Autolite Unison
Order Slick Kits with Autolite? XL Fine Wire Plugs at Autolite? Massive Plug Pricing! Aircraft Spruce is currently offering these Unison Slick Kits with Autolite? XL Fine Wire Aviation Plugs at Autolite? Massive Plug pricing. This is a savings of $360 for a 6 cylinder engine or $240 for a 4 cylinder engine. (Some exceptions apply).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE $75 Aircraft Spruce Gift Card
FREE $75 Aircraft Spruce Gift Card with every case order of Fine Wire Plugs (12 plugs per case). Limited time offer.

Bose Rebate
Purchase a Bose? Aviation Headset X? and receive a Bose? in-ear headphone from July 20, 2008 - August 16, 2008

Flyties Tie-Down Kit
FREE set of chocks with each purchase of a flytie kit! (While Supplies Last)

JP Instruments Rebate
Purchase any selected JP Instrument product
and get up to $400 off!

H3R AVIATION
Stay safe with the best in Halon fire extinguishers from H3R Aviation 10% Off at Oshkosh!

Teledyne "Gill Batteries"
Buy any Gill Battery and get 10% off at Oshkosh!

Sennheiser
Receive $50 off any Sennheiser active headset or enjoy $20 back on any Sennheiser passive headset during the show. The promotion is valid for purchases made throughout July 28-Aug. 3. Forms will be handed out at the booth.

Plus, enjoy the $25 Comfort Rebate that can be applied to any Sennheiser Aviation headset. After purchase, log on to www.sennheiserusa.com/aviation, select the $25 Comfort Rebate button, print out the rebate form, and simply send off your completed information to Sennheiser to collect the cash!

Beringer
For one brake kit ordered during Oshkosh, they will deliever for free a set of replacement brake pads (part # ZEA01, Qty. 2).

Tempest
Get a FREE Media Cutter with the purchase of a six pack of oil filters. Bring your invoice to the Tempest booth for your FREE Media Cutter valued at $34. Tempest Booth is 4079 and 4087.

Aircrafts Spruce's Deal on the FP-5

Ever since I took the cockpit tour of the "Beautiful Doll" I wanted a Electronics International FP-5 Fuel Flow instrument for my 6A. Because of Aircraft's Spruce's Oshkosh deal I now may have a chance to bring something really shinny home from the "Big Show" in my new Doug Reeves recommended "Man-bag". One question to you guys that already have them. (the FP-5's that is). They also offer a "L" model that can be linked to a GPS with a RS-232 connection. Is it worth it and has anybody been successful linking one up to a 496? I've been saving up in my sock drawer and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.

Ever since I took the cockpit tour of the "Beautiful Doll" I wanted a Electronics International FP-5 Fuel Flow instrument for my 6A. Because of Aircraft's Spruce's Oshkosh deal I now may have a chance to bring something really shinny home from the "Big Show" in my new Doug Reeves recommended "Man-bag". One question to you guys that already have them. (the FP-5's that is). They also offer a "L" model that can be linked to a GPS with a RS-232 connection. Is it worth it and has anybody been successful linking one up to a 496? I've been saving up in my sock drawer and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I can't wait to get to Wisconsin.

I had my FP-5L linked to a 430 in my Cherokee. It was nice to see remaining fuel at destination. It really made me lazy. No more fuel calculations.