RickWoodall

Well Known Member
2nd year at oshkosh, shopping for a bunch of stuff....and this year...so far i am not impressed. Where did all the deals go. Lowrance 2000c on sale here at two shops for $100 more than sporty's sells. Engines, so far no deals or discounts other than free shipping. Last year all sorts of "specials". Was really hoping for a sun n fun type deal from vans on an io320. Guess i will wait.

Oshkosh attendees, POST any really good deals in case i have missed them so far.

I did just get me free vertical power, and stein shirts. Also made the stop at avery to buy a few things...but NO DEALS What gives?

Hummmmmm

Geeeshh, NO DEALS - thats an easy one!!!

BLAME CONGRESS:mad:

This year the pucker factor has taken the US by storm.

Gas prices are high!
No one has disposable income!
Manufacturers are loosing business, so they have to make it by NO DEALS!!

Engines

Vans didnt have that deal out first thing this am on engines. I did see it out at lunch. The bummer, the io320 they have a special on was $500 cheaper at sun n fun.
Hmmm.
I suppose an io320 with slicks, pickeled, and shipped with a starter for $21400 or with a sens prop included for 22.4 is a pretty fair deal isnt it? Should i pull the trigger or not....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I don't think that's the deal. If you buy the engine and prop at the same time the engine is 20,450 and the prop is about 2,000. If it is otherwise, that's a great deal and you should absolutely jump on it. It's a pretty good deal anyway.

Vans didnt have that deal out first thing this am on engines. I did see it out at lunch. The bummer, the io320 they have a special on was $500 cheaper at sun n fun.
Hmmm.
I suppose an io320 with slicks, pickeled, and shipped with a starter for $21400 or with a sens prop included for 22.4 is a pretty fair deal isnt it? Should i pull the trigger or not....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I got an Anywhere Map ATC GPS for $496 from Aircraft Spruce on Saturday. I had spent the week comparing (agonizing) between the ATC and the new Bendix/King AV8OR(best price I saw was $649) and in the end went with the ATC mainly because I liked the screen resolution better. Anyway when I went to the AnyWhere booth they were closed for the day. So I went next door to A&S and they had a deal going--$496 down from $695. Needless to say I was happy.

Engines

I took advantage of the Sun n Fun deal for a YIO-320 and just received the engine last week. I was in no hurry, but I have to believe it was not an "overstocked" engine to have taken that long. I heard that the original supply of engines was sold very quickly, and Vans convinced Lycoming to continue to honor the sales price for all buyers during April. I think Vans is trying to show Lycoming that they will sell more engines if they drop the price a bit, and the success of the sale last April, and hopefully this latest one, will result in a price reduction for non "overstocked" engines. Without the sale, I would have bought a non-Lycoming IO-360. If Lycoming drops their price for experimental engines, then maybe the clone makes will also drop theirs.

Lyco from Vans

Yes that is true. I talked with both Vans and Lyco tent. They both agreed that it is NOT an overstock deal. They i think just try to push folks to pull the trigger by indicating low stock. I dont need the engine until Dec or so. The lyco guy told me they will fill all orders that come in by Aug 31, no problem. If i want to delay it, he suggested i order it the last day and ask for a delay. The timing would be good. Odd how the sun n fun deal was $500 better than the osh deal. Oh well, in the scope of things...its only money right?

The prices from vans must be hurting the alternate chocies... Good deals for us though. Did any of you guys get LORD engine mounts and where did you source them? Thxs