Hooznext

OK, I was glued to the runway web cam for OSH 2009, I tried as hard as I could to convince my significant other that we needed to drive to Wisconsin for the last few hours of OSH even if it meant sleeping in the car (all the planes in my club were booked)....anyway, we are going for 2010.

I am unable to make reservations online for OSH 2010, I am unable to find the dates online. I may be asking for too much, but I have to believe the dates have already been set. I need to make the hotel reservations now so I can ensure my participation next year. Am I too enthusiastic trying to make reservations for next year? I've been wanting to start building my RV7 or RV8 for several years now (Maybe a Rocket....still working on that issue), I am not willing to put it off for another year, one day you are young, the next you have kids of your own, the next....

Anyway, I am going to OSH 2010, I may be alone, but I doubt it, my wife is wonderful about my flying addiction(sickness??). If anyone has any information or recommendations on making reservations for next year, please, I would appreciate you passing them on to me, I may not have a job after they see how many hours I spent streaming that web can on my laptop at work this past week but things could be worse.:p

Bottom of the Airventure Front Page

FUTURE AIRVENTURE DATES: 2009: July 27-August 2; 2010: July 26-August 1; 2011: July 25-31; 2012: July 23-29

Thanks for the quick response on the dates, Hotels.com says there are no rooms available for those dates and expedia.com will not search that far in the future. Looks like I will have to do this old school and actually call the hotels.

Any recommendations? I don't think I will own an airplane by then, but I am a member of a flying club so I can fly there as an option. I am watching the ads for the right ship, I am negotiating a hangar lease so should have that wrapped up in the next month or so. But honestly 12-18 months from having something to fill the hangar other than cars and overflow from the house.

Forget the hotel and stay in a private residence. I was able to find a room with queen size bed, 5 miles from the field for $60/night two weeks before Oshkosh.

Little early to be booking but there is a link on the website that will show the listings.

A house....

....can be found very reasonably. We stayed in an upscale house in a newly developed neighborhood for $300 a night. Split 6 ways, it was very inexpensive.

Regards,