LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I hadn't intended to do another daily talk show at Oshkosh this year -- putting last year's show together took a lot more work than I'd anticipated (28 guests in one week is a LOT!), but I was really happy with the stories we were able to tell -- PEOPLE stories about building as opposed to only tne nuts and bolts.

But last night EAA Radio (not under the direction of EAA) asked me to do it again.

I can't however, without some of you coming forward with your stories. This worked out pretty well last year. We ended up with a nice mix.

I'm hoping you'll step forward this year to suggest yourselves or friends who have interesting stories to tell. Usually, people don't think they're very interesting, so this step is pretty hard for people. But you actually are. Please drop me a line either by private message, here, or emailing me at [email protected].

Meanwhile, if you'd like to get a sense of what this all sounds like, here's last year's segments.

If you go to Oshkosh this year, then you have SOMETHING of interest to tell. And Bob is so professional on the air that it is really easy to talk with him. Do it, you won't regret it. :)

Just yesterday, Ernie B. told me to get in touch with you and see if you were going to do this again. After the initial "Are you crazy?" response, I thought it over. With ten project now, we might have something to talk about. Give me a call. 812 701-5454.

Bob

Just to update for those who gave a darn, I've canceled plans for Oshkosh and working on the radio side b/c of the medical issues that have grounded me. I'm pretty much too bummed to watch people having fun flying airplanes.

Here's one

Just to update for those who gave a darn, I've canceled plans for Oshkosh and working on the radio side b/c of the medical issues that have grounded me. I'm pretty much too bummed to watch people having fun flying airplanes.

I suspect there are many many others. I hope this is just another in your life experiences like building your own airplane that makes you stronger.

I know very well that no one other than you can can appreciate the difficulty it presents you. I wish you well in dealing with this setback.

As far as talking homebuilts is concerned, I was pleased to see you bringing our efforts to the public.

Bob Axsom