Master Designs

Well Known Member
I saw the OshKosh 2012 'Ride Share' thread, and thought why not a 'Housing/Accommodations Share'? So, I'll go first. :D

My goal this year of flying my father and I in the RV to our first-ever AirVenture isn't going to work out, so it looks like it'll have to be USAir and a rental car this year. Seems getting there is the easy part....now it's down to finding a place to stay. :eek:

Being from Arizona (0% humidity :cool:) and my father turning 69 this year, before I make tent-site reservations, I'd like to see if there is anything available besides pitching a tent. Most, if not all the accommodations for 2 people are long gone, so thought I'd ask if there were others in the same situation that would like to split the cost of renting an RV, going in on a larger residence, etc... We will have a rental car, so something off the field would be ok as well as we can share the 'four wheels'. Let me know....we are up for anything and just excited to go.

We have not bought our tickets yet, but plan to buy them this week and will be arriving Monday and staying through Sunday.

Place to stay

Try the Dorm at U of W. Cheap for two. Close to chow. Bus to the grounds every 30 minutes....Google and find...

OSH Room

Try the Cham of Comm on the AirVenture site. They keep a list of local town people who will rent a room in their house, and you have a car.

Housing and transportation

If you haven't purchased your plane tickets yet here is an option. Allegiant Air (http://www.allegiantair.com) flies out of Mesa Gateway direct into Appleton (ATW). I fly into ATW when going to Oshkosh. Allegiant Air has the lowest price tickets ~$280 round trip. They only fly on specific days (Sundays and Thursdays) to and from Mesa into Appleton so depending on your flexibility you can get some really cheap tickets.

I stay at the Oshkosh Christian School. There is a post on the forum that has two beds reserved (paid for) and they can't attend. They aren't full up everyday during event except for only a few days. They can pickup from ATW and they also provide free breakfest and transportation to and from the airfield. $59/night. They can house 100 visitors and I have stayed there for the past 8 yrs. Never needed a rental car.

Check them out

Oshkosh Christian School
7 miles from EAA site
3450 Vinland Rd., Oshkosh, WI 54901
For EAA Housing information, contact: Lori Colburn
School: (920) 231-9704, ext. 4

If you just post.