lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
I'm planning a vacation with a group of friend (10 people), have you an idea for a private housing near Airventure (your experience, suggestions, etc) ?

I was two time @ Marian Collage in Found du Lac but I would to stay closer to the venue, a private housing is a new experience to try (Me, wife and daughters) so would be preferable.

All words are welcome ....

Try EAA Website

Luke,

Try the EAA website. I booked a room at a house through the website two years ago. (camped last year) It worked out great. They have choices that you can select if you want a room, or a whole house, and the dates you are going to be there, etc... It is free, and they put you in touch with people that rent their houses out for the airshow so you can email/talk to them to set it up. Most even have pictures of the house on the website, and gives location relative to the airshow.

Worth a try.

Best,

craigslist usually has quite a few houses available too. Now would be about the time to be making reservations.

Go with EAA website as Ben said. Last year I helped people from overseas to book a house. Just make sure you know all those little details like pets in the house/kids allergies etc.

Thanks for your suggests.

I choose to stay in Camp Sholler with a rented Travel Trailer.

I've always dreamed to stay inside the show all the week, I think that will be a

great family experience and .... of course we'll organize a real Italian Spaghetti

lunch for friends :eek:)

See you @ Airventure

OSH gathering

Luke

Watch for info on the "rv non-event 2011"
Not a huge gathering, but a good group of RV builders/flyers sitting around a campfire trading building/flying stories. Exact location not set until I set up camp, but definitely in camp Scholler, and most likely on Wednesday evening.
Watch for posts on VAF closer to airventure.

Best,

great family experience and .... of course we'll organize a real Italian Spaghetti

lunch for friends :eek:)

We'll make you an honary RV-10 builder if you want to bring the spaghetti over to the RV-10 HQ at Camp Scholler. We usually have several organized meals during the week.

bob

Luke,

Will look for you! The best spots are in Woods 101 (IMHO) right straight ahead from Registration. Gotta be there real early, however. I'll have the work crew from the Eagle's Nest Project there (all high school kids) and I'm sure they would like to meet you. Don't miss any RV get-togethers!

Bob

We'll make you an honary RV-10 builder if you want to bring the spaghetti over to the RV-10 HQ at Camp Scholler. We usually have several organized meals during the week.

bob

Bob,

I am planning to attend OSH this year with my wife (her first time, my second). I am planning to order my RV-10 tail kit soon, so I should be well into pounding rivets by OSH this year. I'd be very interested to meet you and other 10 builders at OSH. For now, the plan is for my wife and I to camp next to my friend's RV-7A near the ramp. However, I had been kicking around the idea of camping in Scholler too. What do you think would be best, since either way we'll be in a tent.. ;)

Mike

To me, camping at OSH is all about friends--staying with old ones and meeting new ones. I have friends that I call often that I met in that campground, and many I look up each year. I have never camped in the aircraft camping area, so I can't address that, but Scholler is my second-favorite thing about Oshkosh. My first is bringing someone new, just to watch their expressions. I can't wait to get onto the flight line each morning, but I can't wait to get back to the camp in the evening. There are so many fun things to do. I will say that, even with the lack of comfort, I like tenting better than a motorhome (I have done that.) And I think I like Scholler better than any place else. I am sure whereever you go, you will have a great time. You are closer to most things in Scholler, I believe.

I seriously don't know if you can camp in the airplane area if you don't have a plane there. Someone else might address that. I have flown in and stayed in Scholler, so maybe the other way around is fine, too.

Bob