dhall_polo

Well Known Member
I'm staying in an RV (the big kind) at Sleepy Hollow. Never been there before. Is there any insider hints on the best place to be here? Front, back, not by something, close to something??

Any other tips?

Third one!

This will be my third Airventure so I really dont have a lot of tips to give you since I am still learning myself, but I will say, I think you'll love your visit. My first trip was in 2001 and it was amazing, I still remember it fondly. Just pray for good weather! :)

re: where?

We've stayed at Sleepy Hollow for the past 7-8 years. We love it and the people that own it. Jeff and Barb and the rest of his gang will go out of their way to help you and make you comfortable. They treat us like family. The part of the family you like, that is.:D
We like the north end since it's closer to the main gate, (anything to cut down on the walking):). They do have a golf cart shuttle to and from the gate that they started last year.
Do be careful as you're pulling in off Waukau Dr. though.The driveway is kind of skinny and the ditch is pretty deep at the culvert. But, I've NEVER had a problem with either my motorhome or 5th wheel. Just swing wide and pay attention and you'll be fine.
Look us up, we'll be in stall 74?? Challenbger 5th wheel, 3 slides, Grey GMC 3/4 pickup. cell (405) 417-6077. This stall backs up to the trees on the east side of the house.
BTW, this section is closest to the showers.

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM

We were in another campground south of the airport last year so we're not too checked out on Sleepy Hollow. That should change this year though since we have reservations to stay there this time. We'll be in a brown Beaver Monterey and would enjoy meeting all of our fellow RV'rs so please look us up if time permits.

Tom and Judy Smith
575-521-4431
RV-10 N369JW

Sleepy hollow suggestions.
We have been there the last 3 years. The first year we were not super happy as we expeceted some nice private wooded site. Silly us, its Oshkosh, they jam you in pretty tight. We are always out in the back field. Its wide open and they put you in pretty tight. But..the end of one of the rows works for us. Water, power, the air running..it just fine, being at the end of a row leaves a nice open part of the field for the dog and kids to play. There used to be areas at the back you could cut through and get to the gates quick. EAA spent a fair bit of money "securing" their property and now its bit longer walk around, but no big deal. Very much enjoy it, the owners are great, and its very close. We walk back everyday for lunch and a cocktail, no trouble at all.

We will be there sat, through wed or thurs, 28.5 trail bay trailer with a dodge 2500 blue quadcab/hemi. Stop by and have a beer or two anytime.