LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
I'm hoping to finish putting together all the name tags for the RV Builders BBQ at Oshkosh on Wednesday. (More) If you're coming and you haven't told me the names of your guests, please do so as soon as possible (i.e. right now!;) ) by e-mailing me at [email protected] .

And if you'd like to come, now's the time to let me know, so we can estimate the proper amount of food to buy.

Brats, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken, watermelon, potato salad, chips, beer, soda, lemonade, water, cookies, and all the good friends you can meet.

If I don't get to meet you on Wednesday, I hope we run into each other at Van's dinner at the Nature Center on Thursday evening.

The last information bulletin for the BBQ went out this afternoon. If you registered for the BBQ, you should have received it. If not, you can find it here.

Basically we're at the point where we're ready to order the food. Now, in the past I've found that about 10-15 percent of the folks who say they'll show up, don't. Usually another 10-15 percent who didn't pre-register, show up. So it usually works out pretty well.

But it still poses a bit of a risk if we spend money on food than we need to and we can hold the total cost down.

So, if you've changed your mind or your plans have changed and you won't be attending, please email me now.

And if you think you might come -- but aren't sure -- let me know as well so I can figure out the whole food scene.

Safe trip, folks.

Bob

Just a quick note. Everyone is invited to a Saturday night (July 29) showing of a high definition, large screen airing of an upcoming Wings To Adventure TV show. it's at Theater In The Woods (at Oshkosh, of course).

Tom

Tom Gresham said:
Just a quick note. Everyone is invited to a Saturday night (July 29) showing of a high definition, large screen airing of an upcoming Wings To Adventure TV show. it's at Theater In The Woods (at Oshkosh, of course).

Tom
Tom, saw your program for the first time at Oshkosh. Very nice!

Just a little feedback:

Pros: I loved the portion of the program about the former C&W musician and now SWA pilot that flies out of his own grass strip. That was cool... especially the short final shot!

Cons: Less than half the program was about flying. I'm sure the hometown stories about the local general store and your brother's restaraunt are very interesting topics for you, but it wasn't that appealing to me as an Oshkosh viewer. I was hoping for more flying content. Hopefully, your other episodes have more "Wings" in them. :rolleyes:

All in all, I enjoyed the show. I just wish I could get The Outdoor Channel on my local cable system (WideOpenWest). Satellite is not a very attractive option for me. :(

PS - Noticed a picture of Grits Gresham somewhere in the episode. I presume that's your dad? I remember reading his stories in Outdoor Life or Field & Stream when I was a kid. Good man! :cool:

Last edited: