vmirv8bldr

Well Known Member
Come on folks! Every year I look forward to all the rummors about what's going to be released at OSH and then the discussions that follow.

Is nothing exciting happening or is everyone like me, and just not know anything?

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

I heard that Aircraft Spruce is going to be selling a new kind of self-etching rattle-can epoxy primer that also deburrs holes and sheet edges as it dries...

mcb

First 100 people at Garmin's tent get.....

a free 596 with three years free subscription to all the additional features, including on-demand Net Flix movies.

Of course I have no proof that this is correct....seing as it is a made-up rumor.

mburch said:
I heard that Aircraft Spruce is going to be selling a new kind of self-etching rattle-can epoxy primer that also deburrs holes and sheet edges as it dries...

mcb

I've heard of this, it also can be used to seal fuel tanks eliminating the need for pro-seal. Sounds nice, but at $400 a can, I think I'll do without.

mburch said:

mcb

If I use this, can I taxi in 10 days? Two weeks is WAAAAYYYYY too long.

Seriously

OK, I had a free minute. Those going to OSH may be interested:

Murphy is releasing a new AC at OSH and Arlington. It will be called the Yukon. Baiscally, same as the Moose, only a 4-banger version. Not much info on the website though.

Advanced Flight Systems is introducing the latest software version for its 3500 series EFIS. No details on what it will be, other than to check them out at OSH.

vmirv8bldr said:
(snip) Murphy is releasing a new AC at OSH and Arlington. It will be called the Yukon. (end snip)

If they're going to call it the "Yukon," I bet it will implode if anyone ever installs electronic ignition in it..... :D

Continental coming back GREEN

Continental will be making a come-back with their Ethanol release.
It's stock number 'CORNtinental-360' (alias, the GREEN machine) :D

Vans will unveil their plan for the RV-14. And yes, they're skipping 13 due to superstition. For those that were waiting on the 11, I guess it won't be anytime soon.

The 14 is going to be a 7 place jet that's LSA compliant.

Not Bad!

KTM520guy said:
phfffffffft......On Earth as it is in Texas. :D

Ours is "The United States of Georgia"

BTW Would a RV-14 not be a 4 seat RV-7? But it could be the ugly cousin of the RV-12. Nothing is that UGLY!

Hard Knox said:
BTW Would a RV-14 not be a 4 seat RV-7?

Yes, the RV-14 will be a twin fuselage RV-7, similar to this.

I plan on building one (or is it two). One fuselage will be a fuel-injected, primed, QB tip-up with a Catto prop and steam gauges, and the other will be a carbureted, unprimed, slow-build slider with a CS prop and EFIS.

If there are less than three passengers, I may put them in the other fuselage when I fly - depending on my pre-flight checklist (e.g. passenger used deodorant?). I will also choose to fly left left seat or right left seat at will.

Your are not thinking outside the box.

KTM520guy said:
A twin RV-7? Now that's just crazy talk. A twin -8 though...now we're cooking with gas. :D

Behold the RV24. :D

Now you don't have to choose left or right. You fly from the center. :rolleyes:

Kent

HaHa.....that's great!

I know somebody on this site photochopped two 8's together but the search button has let me down. I could not find the old thread.