Darren S

Well Known Member
Any ideas where I can charge my iPad while at OSH?

Also, any early ideas on what the weather is looking like ?

Thanks,

Darren

The shower house in homebuilt camping has 120v outlets outside. I've seen everything from a bunch of phones to much more expensive items left there overnight (or whatever) to recharge.

Weather? You won't know until the day of, and it'll change three times that day.

If your camping, the bathrooms have outlets. There are a few outlets near the main hangars also. Outlets are not too hard to find, but predicting the weather two weeks out ..... Um it will be 75 deg and clear :)

Weather

100% chance of the sun rising with a chance of Highs and Lows. Oshkosh is a blast and the weather CAN NOT ruin it if you dont let it. :p
Have a good time and I will see you all there!!! :cool:

I just purchased an external battery for my IPAD and phone. You can get anything from a 500 mAh battery to 16000mAh one that weighs 1.4 pounds. The one I found on Amazon has 5 usb ports for multiple charging. I figure I can go all week on a battery that size. (I hate hanging around the showers like a creeper while my batteries charge).

Steve Johnson
RV-9A N524SJ
Abilene, Tx

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. My Dad said to charge it in the bathroom....I thought he was joking:)

Can't wait!! One week for me till wheels up at 6 am. This will be a pre 70th birthday bash Pops. We can't think of a better way to celebrate. We are first timers.

Since this is a build-it-yourself forum, I propose getting two 4xD-cell battery holders from Radio Shack (each one can provide 6V) and then wire them in series to provide 12v to a cheap cigarette lighter USB adapter, and then use that to recharge your phone!. Pretty cheap and a set of 8 D cells can provide enough juice to recharge a phone many times.

Battery holders here: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062243

Cigarette lighter sockets are available from most auto parts stores for a few dollars.

Cheap 2-port USB cigarette lighter plug chargers are available from Walmart for $10-$15.

Charging I-pad etc.

You can see our camper from the entrance of the SOS. First camper east edge in sleepy hollow about 100 ft. from main rd. a Springdale. We are hooked up and have a power strip. You are welcome to charge laptops while lapping at SOS. I drive right thru New Glarius, home of Spotted Cow. I usually stop and get a case for guests. Thanks Ron N868RM & Grain farmer