rjcthree

Well Known Member
Ok, I haven't been to OSH in 13 years, and I need to make some decisions, as the target date of the RV-9A first flight is end of 2009. I'll be there for a hit and run Thursday the 31st, via 4-wheeled econobox.

I'm going prepared to spend money.

But from your experience, how much is it really worth buying stuff at the show? Are there really discounts to be had on things like avioinics (SL-40, GTX-327, 496) AP (Dynon) intercoms (undecided) or a multitude of other things - seat cushions to engine parts.

A lot of eyeballing too - wiring is my real target, tail cone through to panel wiring has me a little stumped.

Rick 90432
Fuse, eyeballing finish kit goodies.

Last year Advanced Flight Systems had some good discounts, Garmin had $100 off of their high end handhelds, and Mattituck was offering $500 off and free shipping on engines, for a total discount of about $1000 on my engine. It seems that everybody had good deals going.

Consider Sales Tax

One more thing to remember. Pick it up there and you will pay sales tax. Lots of places will allow you to buy there at show special and have them ship it when they get back to their shop. You will likely have to pay shipping, but save lots more on sales tax.

buying stuff

Rick,

Not all the OSH vendors bring their wares for sale. You mentioned electrical stuff as a show focus point. B&C, for instance, just brings catalogs, show samples, and tech info.
Last year, Superior was offering a free builder class in Texas and free shipping as an enticement to buy.
I did acquire my Clarity Aloft headsets at the show. No shipping but I paid WI sales tax.

Steve