RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Well, I'm home, the dust has settled and I'm back to reality.

I wanted to thank everyone who came out and took helicopter rides with me. I flew 15 or 16 people from the RV crowd. There were several more that flew but not with me. The registration folks said several others made the request but I was not flying at the time.

As has been discussed, some don't like the helicopter but most do. This is a very worthy operation that is staffed by extremely dedicated people. There is one last name that has 3 different families, and several family members involved!!! This includes 2 pilots, an incredible mechanic and several support staff. Talk about dedication.

It is really something to see the excitement on kids and adult faces. For many this is their first exposure to aviation. I always wonder how many lives are changed by this flight. Interestingly, despite everything going on, they get more excited about finding their camping spot than about the planes:D

As a first year pilot for the operation, I got to fly some interesting people. This included 2 FAA controllers (great people BTW. They definitely do not like what occurred), a young lady corporate pilot for John Deere, some honchos from Conoco Phillips and several friends.

Thanks again. I plan on doing it again next year!!