jimpappas

Well Known Member
My new home has a fuel special for 100LL starting today and running through 8/4 at $4.89 a gallon.

Neat little FBO, very cool airport which may look familiar to some TV buffs.

About one hour due South of OSH on the IL side of the border.

Galt

It was used for the final scene in the TV series Prison Break where I guess they escaped by flying out of Galt to Utah?

I actually never saw it but my daughter did and when we pulled in to see Dad's new plane she says "HEY this is where they filmed Prison Break".

She thinks the planes ok too but I guess if you were into the show it was a big deal.

Either way it's a very cool little airport.

Cool airport. I practice my TO/landings there. Got to watch out for the cub because he fly's around without a radio. FBO has given me a heads up when hes out and about. You have to back taxi a little bit when departing RWY 27. I almost took off before I realize I had a more runway I could use. RWY 9 takes you right over a cool lake after TO. RWY 18/36 is a nice little grass strip. Fuel prices were always reasonable.

Jim, Just put 10C down for fuel stop both ways from Southern Indiana. Have to take the Warrior because 7A in 1st phase flight testing and limited to IN.
Thank you for fuel the tip.
Squeak