hydroguy2

Well Known Member
I've spent 4years listening to ATCLive and monitored the EAA webcams while at work. This year, I flying in! So, I've read the NOTAMS, I watch all the "how to" videos, practiced my slow flight. Even some neck exercises to loosen up my bad C6-C7 problem to keep my head on a swivel. But one question I have:

Which sign do I hold up? HBC or HBP. I am camping but not next to my plane, we getting a travel trailer delivered and set up in camp scholler.

Will HBP get you with the other RVs or should there be another sigh for RV parking????

Will HBP get you with the other RVs or should there be another sigh for RV parking????

Jeff's team does a great job sorting out all the HBP parking area. The RVs will be together unless the area gets over run due to volume. The back end of the RV-10 area usally gets some other aircraft parked there after other areas fill up. Unfortuantely, there's no easy way to predict what ratio of vendor/model aircraft will be flying into OSH.

HBP will get 'er done. Everything gets sorted by type at the intersection and sent in the right direction. We put the -10s in their own area due to their size.

Question for Jeff or other ground crew

I'm flying in on Sunday with a friend, and we plan on camping. I have to leave on Monday, then return on Wednesday, but he is going to stay the whole time. To avoid having to haul stuff, the preference would be to in HBC, but how do I get back to the parking spot where the tent is, and will it be a problem to have a tent and no plane for 2 nights?

Thanks,

You going Mike? where are you sleeping?

We are staying at a private residence------guy on the Jeep forum I am on offered it to us, after I mentioned that the Jeep build program was slowed down due to finishing the RV 10.

Bill,

That should be no problem. As long as the camping is paid for and the tent and tie downs are still there we will hold the spot for you. To get back to your spot, just pit the row number under HBC on your sign. Make it big and readable and show it to all the flagmen and scooter folks.

Jeff, one more question for you.

We are planning on departing on Thurs or so, is this a factor in where we should be placed in amongst the RV's parking area???

Should I make up a sign for that???

Mike,

We don't factor that in at all when parking, it just isn't practical. Leaving on Thursday from the RV-10 corral should be no sweat. You won't be the only one- it really starts to empty out on Thursday and by noon on Friday the sea of RVs will be half empty.