hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Looking for info on renting a trailer at OSH. Anyone have current insight.

BTW-I know this isn't camping under the wing of my new RV, but a friend wants to go, doesn't want to sleep on the ground and will foot the bill for the trailer.

Trailer Rental at Osh

Rented atrailer at OSH last year. Van Boxtel RV Rental in Green Bay.
They delivered it and set it up. I moved in. Perfect. Recommend also the Sleepy Hollow Farm Campground. In the middle of Camp Scholler and you can reserve spots with water and electricity.

Brian,

Did the same thing last year (Trailer in Sleepy Hollow). We used Event RV...another good outfit, that delivers and sets it up as well.

Great experience!

Cheers,
Bob

Camping

We use Appleton camping center for rental, they do delivery and pickup.
Also recomend Sleepy Hollow nice spot with good service.

Wayne

RV 10 Finishing

My mother & dad pay about $1000.00 for the entire week rental from Van Boxtel plus campground fee about 250.00.

Hey Bob, you gonna be in Sleepy Hollow this year?

Marshall Alexander

Larry,

The price varies by trailer size, and IIRC, I saw prices from about $1,000 to over $2,500 for the week. My Father-in-Law joined my sons and I, and I wanted to make it comfortable for him, so I rented a 30' trailer with AC for about $1750 for the full week. Could have housed several more than our 4 too. Site with hook-up added about $250 or so.

Many of the companies will prorate for less than the full week too.

Not the cheapest solution, but with air, and being a relatively short walk to the main gate, Sleepy Hollow and the rental trailer made it a very nice trip.

Marshall, I probably won't be in SH this year. I may do a T&G at OSH this year, but a 50th anniversary for the in-laws, a Navy Reserve retirement (mine), Raven formation flying and Pylon Racing Seminar are competing for summer/fall funds and time. Definitely want to do it again in 2012, and hang with you, Don Hall and the SH gang again!

Cheers,
Bob

We'll see you then, Bob.
You can't beat the convienence of SH. I've been staying there for the past 10 years, and look foreward to going back every year.
One of the things that sort of hit me was how, when we started going, the (young) girls at SH were......young. Now they're all grown up.
Sorry for the hijack.:)

Marshall Alexander

Cost

We get a twenty something foot trailer from Appleton Camping no push outs or fancy stuff but has A/C everything else we need for about $1200 for a week. Availability is an issue, we book a year ahead.
Sleepy Hollow Farm is $45 a night for serviced site.

Wayne Millson

We get a twenty something foot trailer from Appleton Camping no push outs or fancy stuff but has A/C everything else we need for about $1200 for a week. Availability is an issue, we book a year ahead.
Sleepy Hollow Farm is $45 a night for serviced site.

Wayne Millson

That's what my parents do, book for the next year. And like you, no slides, just a simple place to sleep, with a/c.

Marshall Alexander

Van Boxtel is sold out, as is Event RV. I got calls into several others

Sleepy Hollow is also on a wait list now. I got on it, but even IF my number comes up, looks like it will be hard to find a trailer. Looks like we'll be sleeping in a tent again...

we got a trailer reserved from HappyTrails RV rentals and a spot in camp Scholler.

Most of the places I contacted had sold out or had small tent trailer. But I did find a guy on Craigslist who had 2 trailers available that look nice. PM me if you want his contact info.