LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
Looking into flying to OSH this year... anybody have an RV (the camping type) or Motorhome rental location that you've used close in to OSH that you can offer up? I would like to deal with a reputable company for sure... :)

Other options you can recommend?

I'm not getting far with the wife on the idea of camping under the wing. :D

My last trip we had six of us and we rented a house a mile away. Nice but very pricey!!

Looking into flying to OSH this year... anybody have an RV (the camping type) or Motorhome rental location that you've used close in to OSH that you can offer up? I would like to deal with a reputable company for sure... :)

Other options you can recommend?

I'm not getting far with the wife on the idea of camping under the wing. :D

My last trip we had six of us and we rented a house a mile away. Nice but very pricey!!

Renting a local RV is also pricey. The rate goes up significantly the week of OSH, so most of the standard rates posted on web sites aren't applicable.

I rented from VanBoxtel in Green Bay last year. They delivered and picked up the travel trailer to OSH. It sure was nice to have an A/C place to take an afternoon nap. I would rent from them again. Unfortunately, like hotel rooms, they may already be booked.

I was recently laid off, so if I do OSH this year, it will most likely be back in a tent again.

bob

Morning Bob,

Sorry to hear about the layoff!!

Do you remember what size RV you rented and about how much? It came with a generator?

Last edited:
Morning Bob,

Sorry to here about the layoff!!

Do you remember what size RV you rented and about how much? It came with a generator?

It was a 26' travel trailer. I had it for the full week. It was about $850 delivered and picked up. It didn't come with a generator.

Thats who I used

I used foxvalley last year. Unit was delivered to sleepy hollow, right next to the main entrance, I had power and water. Couldn't have gone any smoother.

Saunders RV

I'm renting a 31' RV from Saunders RV, near Milwaukee, which I think is about a 90 min drive. Since it's my first experience, I can only say they were helpful in the reservation process. They told me they only had 1 RV left for the week of Osh.

You can rent travel trailers for sub $1000, but I opted to pay another couple hundred for the RV to get a generator and the ability to drive the RV to the pumping station.

In prior years at Osh, I've done the tent/wing camping thing and the hotels. I'm looking forward to the RV experience. Hotels are great, but I miss the after show fun. And camping by the plane is great, but only for a couple nights at most.

I heard that sleepy hollow has a shuttle service. Did not notice it last year, but did notice the nice chain link fence eaa put up. I was glad we took a golf cart with us.
Anyway, where is pick-up and drop off at sleepy hollow?
do they charge?

Speaking of Sleepy Hollow

Defeat the concentration camp fence by going a few yards through the trees westward from the little lane just as it opens up to the back field. You will come to a wooded section of Scholler and can quickly reach one of the east-west roads that will take you to the gates. About a 10 minute walk this way to the EAA grounds.

I have had good luck with both VanBoxtel and Sleepy Hollow Farms for the last 2 years.

You can also go the other way around the fence and you will pop into Theater in the Woods.

Paul

nice osh rv camping guide

Found this googling around on the web. Somebody put in some thoughtful work on camping at osh.

http://upaero.com/airventurecamping.html

It'd be cool to see some additional commentary on pros and cons of Camp Schoeller over Sleepy Hollow. Obviously the latter is a big plus with water and electricity hookup. I'm just wondering if the amount of walking doubles, or if it sort of takes you out of the heart of the evening fun.

I just filled in the online form for rv parking for Sleepy Hollow. I didn't see much on pricing or deposits. Assuming that will come in email...