n8433w

I would like to order parts from Van to replace some minor damage on the forward luggage door on my -8, my question is about Vans numbering. When I go to the Vans site to order the parts a search gives me F-873B and F-873B-1. The web site shows the price of the F-873B-1 part as about haf of the cost of the F-873B part. Can someone help me with the difference of the -1 part and the non -1 part?

Thanks!
Mike

pre-punched

If I had to guess, I would say the dash-one is from the pre-punched fuselage kit. Depends on your kit's era.

Order the EXACT same PN from the original Packing List that way there is no confusion. The -1 parts are prepunched Fuse Kits...

Joe,

As I'm about to start work on an first-generation quickbuild that's been stored since delivery, the question of if any other dash-1 parts be useful in a non-dash-1 build has been on my mind.

For example, using the F837-1 aft control mount in lieu of making up the two F-838 spacers and the F-837 angle?, or as raised above, the -1 prepunched baggage door parts?

Last edited:
The hole positions will probably be slightly different. Some -0 (unpunched) kit parts were still punched but not using the same pattern as the -1 parts. The early days of prepunched kits....:rolleyes:

Probably slightly different? Is there any chance you could find out? It would be really helpful/interesting to know.:)