JDanno

Well Known Member
I'm wanting a three blade MT prop. As I understand the process ......you order the MT prop thru Van's and they take a deposit until the prop is shipped where upon they charge the balance out. The prop is sent to a factory approved assembly place and they put it together and charge you for the service and then ship the assemble prop to you. Takes about three months. Is this correct? What do they charge for the assembly and if so who does a good and quick job of assembly?. Do I have this correct??
I wish they'd cut out the middle man and ship direct to the customer. Anybody have this experience?

True, but by the time you pay to have somebody over here to assemble it and then reship to you it may be all the same.

MT Prop

I bought mine from the MT booth at Sun N Fun & it did take several months but I was in no hurry. They shipped it to Sensenich in Georgia where it was assembled and then delivered to me by Sensenich on a pick up truck! Seems like the assembly and delivery was around $600.00
Randy Utsey
RV-7 / N55CU
Charlotte, N.C.

You wouldn't want to pay the shipping costs for a fully assembled 3-blade prop from Germany!
Actually, if you happen to live near an airport that has air freight service and a customs facility, the prop can be shipped assembled. I bought mine through Jim Ayers at LessDragProducts and it was cheaper than paying to have the prop shipped to a US MT shop, paying to have it assembled, and then paying to get it to my location. I had to pay a fee to a Customs broker in Minneapolis, but it was still cheaper. I simply loaded it in a buddies pickup at the Minneapolis Airport, and took it to my hangar. The closest assembly shop to me was in the Chicago area. That would have been a five or six hour drive each way with a very large triangular shaped box in the back of a pickup or on a trailer.

Actually, if you happen to live near an airport that has air freight service and a customs facility, the prop can be shipped assembled. I bought mine through Jim Ayers at LessDragProducts and it was cheaper than paying to have the prop shipped to a US MT shop, paying to have it assembled, and then paying to get it to my location. I had to pay a fee to a Customs broker in Minneapolis, but it was still cheaper. I simply loaded it in a buddies pickup at the Minneapolis Airport, and took it to my hangar. The closest assembly shop to me was in the Chicago area. That would have been a five or six hour drive each way with a very large triangular shaped box in the back of a pickup or on a trailer.

Here is a link to MT RV props from Jim Ayers @ LessDragProducts.

http://www.ca-propeller.com/mtpropellerRV.htm

MT

I bought my 2 blade MT from Van's, it was the best price. You pick the certified MT prop shop to have it shipped to and assembled. Mine went to a shop in Boise. When about a month went by after delivery I called the prop shop and asked about a prop I ordered through Vans. Before I ever said who I was they replied yes it's here we have been expecting your call. Vans does not tell them who the prop is for so it just sits there until the customer calls wondering where his prop is. It then took them over a month to get it to me, seems like it was a low priority. Cost was about $500 for assembly and shipping.

Jay

Tiffin Aire http://www.tiffinaire.com/ is also a full service dealer and is located in Ohio, probably not too far from you in TN. My buddy tore up his 3 blade MT pusher prop pretty good so we drove it down there and dropped it off for repair. 4 weeks later it was delivered back up here in MI at the hanger door with their free delivery. They did a fabulous job stripping and re-wrapped the blades in kevlar with new nickel leading edges and repainted in black instead of white at request. They also updated the bushings to the newer style. They have a nice shop and really know MT's. I would highly recommend their services.

Shipped assembled direct to you

I can have your MT Propeller shipped directly to you assembled.

The total cost will be about the same as your purchasing the propeller from Van's Aircraft and paying someone else to assemble it.

MTV-12-B/183-59b $9,890 delivered to your shipping address.
This price will increase about 10% on 1 April 2010 due to a price increase by MT Propeller.

The availability of this service depends on your shipping address.
A freight truck from the closest international airport to your local shipping address may not be available for some locations.

Regards,
Jim Ayers
[email protected]

Jim, PM coming your way. JDanno

I can have your MT Propeller shipped directly to you assembled.

The total cost will be about the same as your purchasing the propeller from Van's Aircraft and paying someone else to assemble it.

MTV-12-B/183-59b $9,890 delivered to your shipping address.
This price will increase about 10% on 1 April 2010 due to a price increase by MT Propeller.

The availability of this service depends on your shipping address.
A freight truck from the closest international airport to your local shipping address may not be available for some locations.

Regards,
Jim Ayers
[email protected]